Day Counters

Started by Habanero Smoker, December 06, 2007, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

I guess this is more of a gadget than an accessory. I was ordering some gifts and came across these day counters. If you are like me, memory failing; these are perfect to keep track of how long your meat has been curing. I haven't received mine yet, but the concept sounds good. They will count up to 99 days. They are also being sold on Amazon.com by a third party and the minimum shipment from that company is $10; so that will double your cost.

I was placing an order on this site so it was cost effective to add the day counters to my shipment. If you order you must specify if you want the magnetic or suction style.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/landing.jsp?term=day+counters&go=DefaultSearch

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mr Walleye

Those look pretty neat Habs!

I'm still using the old masking tape and a marker.  ::)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

iceman

Quote from: Mr Walleye on December 06, 2007, 01:47:40 PM
Those look pretty neat Habs!

I'm still using the old masking tape and a marker.  ::)

Mike
Heck Mike I've been using weather proof mailing labels!!! :D
Thanks for the info Hab. I ordered 2 - 2pks.

3rensho

I'm still using the calendar on the wall.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Habanero Smoker

I've tried calendars, and labels, but my memory is so poor I would forget to look at them :)

This way every time I open the refrigerator door, I get a reminder.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

HCT

Hmm, I forgot what I was going to post. ???
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Habanero Smoker

I got my day counters, and started putting them to use for marking the days of cure for my Canadian bacon. The display is a little small, but with them right on the refrigerator door I can't help but not see them and check it. They also display the total full hours. They are handy for monitoring any thing that may be marked in days. They will work inside the refrigerator, so you can use them to keep track of how old certain foods are.

I
         don't
                   inhale.