I hate to say I got this recipe...from that OTHER site....ABT's

Started by MallardWacker, May 01, 2007, 05:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

I got an email from my nemisis and listed below seem to be simple great twist on one of my favorite things to do in a BS...ABT's.  But I don't think they can be called turds.  I willing to try this...I would like to hear if anyone else tries this .

Cayley's Hawaiian-Style Jalapeño Poppers

24 large jalapeño peppers

8 ounces cream cheese

1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese

1/2 cup diced ham

1/2 cup finely chopped onion

1 teaspoon garlic powder

24 "chunks" of pineapple

12 center cut lean bacon strips

24 toothpicks

Using kitchen gloves, cut off tops of peppers and scoop out seeds and membranes (I use a veggie peeler for this and it goes quickly).

Combine cream cheese, mozzarella, ham, onion and garlic powder. Mix well.

Divide mixture evenly among peppers, using a teaspoon or pastry bag (or a zip top bag with a corner cut off), leaving room for the pineapple at the top. 

If too large, cut down pineapple chunk to fit into the top of the pepper. Stuff pineapple down into top of the pepper like a plug.

As you can see not everything that comes out of a cookshack has black spots or is rubbery.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Oldman

Duckman

I don't have much of a chance to come around as of late... so E-mail me with your findings.... I have a couple of ideas that I would do to mod this recipe, but first I would like to hear from you.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

I will young man...just might do it this weekend...my son is coming home.  Looking at this, I have a few ideas already.  I will make sure I get some digi's.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Habanero Smoker

Looks like another to do recipe. I have an apple coring that does a great job removing the tops and seeds from jalapenos

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)