PLEASE don't do this!!!

Started by iceman, May 01, 2007, 03:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Just a reminder to "KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR VENT". This picture shows what happens way to often. Fried the guts right out of the generator just because no one took the time to check the draft. Major bummer guys and SOOOOOO easy to avoid. Happy smokin folks. ;D ;)

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for posting that, it is a good reminders to others, and hopefully they will avoid a similar problem.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

cingnut

Was this caused by smoke back feeding into the generator because it couldnt get out through the top vent?

Wildcat

:o Hey Iceman, I know that you were attempting to repair someone else's unit!
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

nice example of a major ouch  :o

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

iceman

Quote from: Wildcat on May 01, 2007, 04:06:39 PM
Yeppers. I talked a guy I work with into going Bradley and after a few weeks he called to tell me it was junk!!! Well after a quick slap up the side of his head and a few beers later he understood what "DRAFT CONTROL" meant. Can you say DUH!!! My fix for him......Call Chez!!!

LilSmoker

Wow that's properly smoked iceman!

That pic certainly shows why proper vent management is so important  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

iceman

Quote from: cingnut on May 01, 2007, 03:54:32 PM
Was this caused by smoke back feeding into the generator because it couldnt get out through the top vent?
Exactly right cingnut. ;)

Kummok

Quote from: iceman on May 01, 2007, 04:43:38 PM
Quote from: Wildcat on May 01, 2007, 04:06:39 PM
.....a few beers later he understood what "DRAFT CONTROL" meant. ......

Draft control means to anticipate the appropriate amount of head room in a pint glass when pouring! ;)

fatandhappy

THATS A BAD WAY TO SPEND THE WEEKEND

Consiglieri

After all that low and slow application of smoke, was the generator tender and juicy?  I 'm sure it was just falling apart.
Consiglieri

Cajun

Needs that picture in the set up book and it explanes exactly what that little vent is on top for (IT IS NOT A CRANK)
There is a place for all of Gods animals right next to the mashed potatos and gravy

Carter

Like I said in a recent post - it would be nice if the Bradley instruction manual actually instructed people on how not to wreck their machine.

Carter

HCT

I have a black ring where the generator attaches and always wipe it down after each smoke. Nothing accumulating just the stain which I hope is normal. But when I first used the Bradley I noticed smoke coming out from that area and opened the vent more. The only reason why I did was from reading either this post or some other. Glad someone gave me a heads-up to keep an eye on it. Saved me some heart-ache. Great info from the forum, Bradley should make it into a book. Thanks guys.
Mike 
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

iceman

Quote from: HCT on June 05, 2007, 09:22:13 AM
I have a black ring where the generator attaches and always wipe it down after each smoke. Nothing accumulating just the stain which I hope is normal. But when I first used the Bradley I noticed smoke coming out from that area and opened the vent more. The only reason why I did was from reading either this post or some other. Glad someone gave me a heads-up to keep an eye on it. Saved me some heart-ache. Great info from the forum, Bradley should make it into a book. Thanks guys.
Mike 
Glad you caught it in time. :) :D Sure could wreck a guys day when that happens.