It's amazing what you forget (and relearn) as you age

Started by Tiny Tim, May 02, 2007, 10:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

In my younger days, we always put Hostess Cup Cakes, Twinkies, etc. in the freezer (or at least refrigerator).  Well, I've recently come back to eating these products again, only had forgotten about chilling them...until this weekend when I dumped a box of Ding Dongs into the beer cooler because they were getting too soft and messy.  Finally jarred my memory Sunday when I took one out that was really firm and the filling was almost like ice cream.

Similar things have happened before, but this is the latest one. :D

NePaSmoKer

i still have twinkies and ding dongs in the freezer along with snicker bars and oreos ;D ;D ;D

nepas

Tiny Tim

Oreos, huh?  That's another one that I had forgotten how good they were until a couple of years ago.  I'll have to try 'em frozen.

Cajun

Like Nepa said Sickers and 3 muskateers and milkey ways in the freezer MMMMMM mmmmmm Good.  Boys just wait till you get old like me, talk about forgetful, but I don't forget to eat though  :P
There is a place for all of Gods animals right next to the mashed potatos and gravy

Tiny Tim

One thing I wish I could remember is how to go up and down stairs without putting both feet on the same step before proceeding to the next one. :(  I guess it's my legs that need to remember, my head hasn't forgot. :D

Wildcat

You do not forget with age!  Just takes a day or two to get the pattern back!  ::)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Wildcat

Quote from: Tiny Tim on May 02, 2007, 12:39:38 PM
One thing I wish I could remember is how to go up and down stairs without putting both feet on the same step before proceeding to the next one. :(  I guess it's my legs that need to remember, my head hasn't forgot. :D

Now THAT is getting old!  ;D

Tiny Tim

Quote from: Wildcat on May 02, 2007, 12:41:10 PM
Quote from: Tiny Tim on May 02, 2007, 12:39:38 PM

Now THAT is getting old!  ;D

Or fat. :D         Side note, unrelated to me...how's the back doin' there, Wild?

Malc

Frozen Reese's Cups...the best.  Especially the eggs they sell at Easter

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

Wildcat

Back is much better after two rounds of steriods.  Thanks for asking.  Still have the heal spur problem in one foot and still getting injections in it.  I also have a tennis elbow problem that I am getting injections for.  Lots of special exercises and a couple of appliances.  Now this is getting old (in more ways than one) lol.

Tiny Tim

Good to hear on the back, and sounds like ya should be making progress on the rest.