Running up Post count... Vote Closes March 19 2010

Started by icerat4, May 02, 2007, 03:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote

Well my friend , sometimes you get the bear...sometimes the bear gets you!............

............I guess we'll cross that Bridge when we get there. ;D

Coyote

car54

Here is the article.

Bear rescued from Sierra bridge

Associated Press
Truckee, Calif. - A 250pound bear stranded under a bridge near Lake Tahoe was saved by an army of rescuers, a tranquilizer dart and a nylon net bought at an Army surplus store.
Claw marks on the con• crete railing of the Rainbow Bridge show where the bruin's ordeal began, said Dave Baker of the Truckee BEAR League, who was the fIrst to arrive on the scene Sept. 15.
It was walking across the span on Highway 40 near
Donner Summit in the Sierra Nevada when oncoming cars spooked it, causing it to jump over the railing. It caught a ledge and pulled itself onto a concrete girder beneath the bridge.
Volunteers strung a. net under the bridge, and an an• imalcontrol ofl1cer shot the bear with tranquilizer.
After the bear lost con-• sciousness, volunteers used a pole to push it into the net, then lowered the bear to the floor of the ravine as more than 100 spectators cheered.

Brad

owrstrich

very cool car54...

i knew it was near tahoe but didnt know the details... lucky bear...

now to the matter at hand...

being from the midwest and in constant search of the deep fried breaded pork tenderloin sandwich with onion... pickles... mustard... ketchup... mayo...

we discovered the hash house in san diego and tommys in san clemente... more on the hash house in previous post... the iowans were there... they got proof... tommys is right off the 5 at the el camino real exit...

it was not an iowa 80 truck stop tenderloin but it was tasty... i would recommend the place to the hungered slabber...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

icerat4

I needed one to stay ahead of wild.Lol waz uppie nice pics as always.Nice to travel the country on your dime.thanks owrstrich. ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

icerat4

8)  seadoo doo season is almost over.So its smoking time again

Just another weekend with the smoker...

LilSmoker

Quote from: icerat4 on October 13, 2007, 10:57:40 AM
8)  seadoo doo season is almost over.So its smoking time again

So Mr Rat, it's gonna be a ribfest in the near future?   
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

owrstrich

not my pic... but found it interesting... probably a dept of defense employee......

crazy aint it...

owrstrich

iceman

Geez O. You have to be part monkey to ride that thing. :D ;D

owrstrich

you know there ice... lots o posters here are monkeys... this dood is a cousin to many here...  trust me...

owrstrich

car54

Here is my grandson's latest creation.

owrstrich

o yes... to be 11 again... i wish i had photos of all the contraptions i made back then...

better tell him to always remember you need a two seater to get the girls...

a banana seat and a fort... now your thinking...

owrstrich

owrstrich

me and nepa and sparkler got all lickerd up last weekend...

when they passed out i took this photo of them... that mezcal had an adverse affect upon them...

but it dont effect me.. ha ha ha...

they were competing for the little one... one upping each other and such... but they probably wont remember any of that...

crazy aint it...

owrstrich

Gizmo

O,
I think the one in the middle blinked.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Consiglieri

Those creatures ain't bad, if you slather'em up good with mustard, apply a sugar-chile based rub, and smoke for 20 hours, 4 hours of maple/hickory.
Consiglieri