Running up Post count... Vote Closes March 19 2010

Started by icerat4, May 02, 2007, 03:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcs_n_Sparks

iceman

owrstrich

oregon mid-pacific coast 06-08-08...

here you are...

couldnt photog how large this military ship really is... notice that regular size boat on the right... big difference... cant pinpoint what river this is...

this place looks like paradise... house between a fresh water lake and the ocean...  a stream running out of the hills to form the fresh water lake... then it trickles out to the ocean... nice...

the bridge over the newport harbor...

looking from the newport bridge to the newport bay...

we saw lotts o fresh catch being unloaded... most eating places looked to touristy... so we kept looking...and we found this place... it was a revolving door... hungry folks in... stuffed folks out...

here you got the chowder... the dungeness crab cakes... the dungeness crab cocktail... the local wild fish n fries...

strawberry hill... the sea critters where laying out on rocks... the scenery was fantastic...

figured it out... why its called strawberry hill...

heceta head... the photog cant give it the respect it deserves...

like most of the coast... there are day use areas everywhere... usually there is a river flowing out of the hills into the ocean with a parking place and a beach or tide pools or both... this is the rover flowing out at heceta head...

too many place to see in 1 day... gonna have to go back...

what a day... it ended up just shy of 400 miles...

there you go...

johnny
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

3rensho

Wow O, some fantastic scenery.  Many thanks for the posts of your travels.  Always great to see.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Smoking Duck

O, again, thanks for taking us there.  I envy you but always feel like I'm along for the ride.  I only wish you could somehow send the scents of the ocean air and the place you ate at to us.

Great job!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

car54

Thanks for the pictures O. It's like I don't have to leave my home to see the world.

Brad

La Quinta

Very kool O...Mickie looks great!!! Thanks for the tour... yet... again!! :) Pics are fantastic.....

Consiglieri

What great pictures, O.  Too bad you weren't making this run a little later in the summer.  Portland has an awesome brew festival. 
Consiglieri

owrstrich

cant smoke anymore except for socal... so gotts to ride... happy to share...

brewfest... yesser... im thinking they gotts lotts of custom beer joints here...

ok... i need to know what car this gear shifter is from... its a brittish unit... so la quinta... perhaps bob knows...

thanks...

owrstrich

MWS

Quote from: owrstrich on June 10, 2008, 10:14:56 PM
brewfest... yesser... im thinking they gotts lotts of custom beer joints here...

You are in Beervana indeed. I'm looking forward to my pilgrimage there during the 3rd week of July......Portland (Troutdale) to the Coast..
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

La Quinta

I'll ask him O...his daughter and son-in-law are here from the UK also...one of them will know...also have a friend who is a car collector (foreign only cars) he may know too...get back atcha....:)

Phone Guy

O,

We are leaving Friday morning for Westfir Oregon. Taking the moto of course. Now looking at the photos of the coast, I have to plan that ride. Thanks for the great shots. I'm glad you made it to Crater Lake, now I see why you suggested to heated vest.

Mike
A.K.A. Phone Guy

iceman

Thanks for the tour O. Brings back great memories. Keep it up buddy, I love the pics.

owrstrich

found out the shifter was from a mga...

here are some more for you folks... hope they bring back some memories and make way for some more...

the plan was to ride windy ridge at mt st helens... then mt adams...

many feet of snow fell last week so i called the ranger stations to find out how the roads were today... they said the road to windy ridge was washed out and may never open again... they said the road that runs the east side of mt st helens was under 5 feet of snow... they said there were no open routes to mt adams either...

so we head out of longview wa on interstate 5... we take wa 503 to ape cave... its open but its a nightmare... must have been a thousand breeders there... so we keep going on fr 90 and then fr 25...

then we back tracked up interstate 5 to castle rock and wa 504 to johnston ridge...

here you go...

lotts o this up there...

then we found this blocking our way...

and these folks could not speak english... it took a while... but i figured out they had google directions to rainier... so i showed them my map and wrote down how to get there from here...

the rivers were flowing like a mo... the rivers are my favorite... but that crazy wench micki was asleep more than she was awake today... so not any fantastic river photos...

stopped for blueberry cheesecake... got it to go... was gonna stop at a picnic table... here it is after 4 hours in the side bag... lucky it was cold up there...

mt st helens from silver lake...

blast devostation...

mt adams peaking out over the hills...

waterfalls everywhere... we didnt get too many good shots of anything today... 4 in this photo alone...

scenery...

the bug eye brick...

there you are...

johnny

Arcs_n_Sparks

O,

Very nice......

What's on your helmet? Laser designator for the Bug-eyed flame throwers.......   :o

Arcs_n_Sparks