Started by owrstrich, April 30, 2007, 02:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owrstrich

friday my truck breaks down... get it to the shop... will be ready monday afternoon... instead of getting a rental car we decide to ride the bike to our monday morning job...

sunday... i ride by a parking lot car wash... no customers... i told the young man that they needed chicks in bikinis to attract the customers... he said they were washing cars for donations for the tulare boys home so they could go to magic mountian... there are no chicks at the boys home...

i pull in and ask them to wash the bike... while there a guy pulls in and gets his car washed... he gave them $4... freaking $4 for a car wash for the cause...

i used to take care of the hvacr at the indianapolis boys home so i know what its all about...

they finish the bike...  i aint got much but i was $100 lite when i left... its for the boys... right...

this morning the bike would not start... its 4am... no taxi service here... hotel night girl was no help... never been late for a job... i was about 5 minutes from not having time to make it... i was standing in the parking lot wondering just what the he11 was going on...

from no where a car pulls into the parking lot... a guy gets out... he says... im going to fresno... just like that... no small talk... just says im going to fresno... i said... will you take us to visalia... he said get in lets go...

i asked him what he was doing 1 hr from fresno at 4am... he said he was on his way back to fresno from a weekend in la... he said he was a painter...

i asked him why he got off the freeway and why he pulled into the hotel parking lot... he said he didnt know... he didnt even realize he pulled off the freeway until i asked him... but he had to get to work because he was starting a painting job at the fresno boys home today...

we get to our job with only minutes to spare...

im still feeling kinda weird about the whole deal... once back at our hotel this afternoon the bike starts right up...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Cajun

Olds down here in Louisiana we call that VOODO   ;D ;D ;D   Cajun
There is a place for all of Gods animals right next to the mashed potatos and gravy

coyote

Sing it Willie  Uh 1 2 3 4  Just a little ol'fasion karma commin' 'round   Just a little old fasion justice goin' down................It's the unsolicited reward for treating folks how you'd like to be treated.

Very cool Owrstrich  8),
                                                       Coyote

West Coast Kansan

Interesting story, I know there is good and i know there is evil in the world. I know there is coinsidence also.

Used to have a lot of interesting stories. Dad was a railroader and i would go to work with him sometimes when I was in grade school.  He would have me walk the yard - write donw the numbers of all the box cars and what order they were located on each track, so he could build the next trains outbound. At night it would scare me like crazy. So one night I am all alone with a lantern a pad of paper and a pencil and this guy comes out between some train cars and says got any money. I had 20 buck from a birthday i just had and gave it to him and he was gone. Dad was pissed and had cops all over the yard to find him. They dont. About two weeks later I make a run to Dows, Iowa on the train with Dad who decided to help switch. The game is to get the cars moving and then cut them loose so they roll easy into the cars for the train out.  Dad and I are standing in front of the caboose and a half dozen cars are rolling to the caboose I am standing in front of the coupling not paying attention and niether is Dad.  This guy comes walking beside the caboose and tells Dad to grab his boy. Which he does about 2-3 seconds before they couple.  WOW - so anyway Dad says thanks to the guy and what can he do and all that... the guy says nothing but take care of me cuz i gave him 20 bucks the other night when he really needed it.

A few years later a man was paying for gas in a corner gas station my brother owned and I was there alone with my mom who ran the attached cafe. I fill his car and get windows cleaned all that  (long time ago) and come back into the station where the man had gone to use the rest room.  I come in and he is behind the counter cleaning out the cash register. I yell at him and he pats his jacket like a gun in his pocket - dont know if it was but there was something heavy. Keeps sacking up what little money there was... an old guy walks up the three steps from the cafe says to the man, "look at me" which the man does, the old man says "you don't want to do this do you" and the man leaves the money and goes to his car. My Mom hears this conversation and comes out of the kitchen to see what is going on and i tell her - she turns to talk to the old guy who is gone. I ask mom who that guy was cuz he came out of the Cafe and she says there has been nobody in the Cafe since she locks up a 3:00pm. The Cafe door is still locked and there is a $20 bill on the counter with a note to Floyd (my Dad) that says Malachi 3 vs 8-12. Just test me.  Ever since then Dad always had a 20 for somebody that really needed one and I keep a couple of 100s folded up for the same purpose.

Interesting story, I know there is good and i know there is evil in the world. I know there is coinsidence also.

I have also learned just this weekend at our church service day that in terms of giving God only says Just Test Me in one place and that is in Malachi 3 vs 8-12.

Funny, fingers are shaking while typing this... gonna go sit in the yard, smoke a cigar and think about Dad and whoever might use that Operation Hope Shelter this winter.  

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

OWR,

With that kind of luck/Karma, one would jump on the "go to Vegas" saying but I think that one would be missplaced.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Wildcat

Great stories guys!  I have observed in my life that all deeds, good and bad, are eventually appropriately rewarded.  Sometimes in multiples.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

It is news of the wierd or whatever it is called for sure.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Ice,
Johnny O. fell through the worm hole.  Rod was there to greet him and drop him out the other side.  We are once again in balance.

Whew. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Fresno ???

Nobody goes to Fresno :-\

Badges
.......................Badges

.................................................We dont need no stinkin Badges ;D

OUI

I have a smokers head ache ;D

nepas

LilSmoker

Great stories guy's, make the hairs on the back of the neck stand up  :o
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes