My MG Midget

Started by Oldman, May 03, 2007, 06:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Well by next week I will get her back. Took her in and wow the bubble gun work that had been done on her in the past was just to much to let pass.  It is costing me 7K but she will be right. Next year the body, and upholstery  get done. I plan on turning her into a first class show car.

BTW they now make a Supercharger for that 1275 cc engine... what a hoot~~! If I put it on I will get up to 67 -70 horse power... man o man can I stand it~~ LOL! Whoosh ------>

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Gizmo

Good luck on the project Olds,
Just to warn you, the show car class is a lot of work.
I use to have a 66 Mustang.  Took it to a guy here they call Mr. Mustang.  In his garage, he showed me his "show" car.  65 Mustand, convertible, factory high performanced.  It sounded incredible.  He had the stearing column pulled out.  I asked him what was wrong with it.  He said he had to replace the seal on the master cylindar and a small quantity of fluid dripped onto the stearing column.  While inspecting the underside of the column with a mirror, he noticed a small spot where the dripped fluid had discolored the paint on the column.  He was showing the car the following weekend and and said that it would be his luck he would lose first place because they would look with a mirror and see the spot.   WOW that is a tough crowd.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

Glad to hear the Midget is getting the works Olds, i'm sure when it's all finished it will be a pristine example

Btw Giz, i missed out on buying 66 Mustang about 15 years ago, the guy sold it to a higher bidder
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Cajun

Well it looks like Olds will be putting his Bradley in storage for a while cause he won't have time to smoke groceries   :-\
There is a place for all of Gods animals right next to the mashed potatos and gravy