Re-heating brisket flat

Started by SKSmoker, May 02, 2007, 09:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKSmoker

How do I go about re-heating my brisket flat for supper tonight so I don't dry it out?
Lead by example

NePaSmoKer

When i reheat my briskit in the oven i put it in a glass oven safe container 8x11 type with some liquid and i foil cover it bake at 325/350 for 1 .5 hrs (dep on briskit sz). Makes the briskit real moist

nepas

SKSmoker

Lead by example

Wildcat

Sounds right to me.  On the rare occassion I have left overs, I vacuum seal and when needed, I simply drop in boiling water.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Tiny Tim

Leftovers?  What's that?  :D :D :D

Habanero Smoker

For me it depends on the amount, and how I've stored the brisket. I always slice my brisket while it is warm before storing. If I'm going to freeze it I will vacuum package it. I reheat that by dropping the bag in boiling water and let it simmer until it gets hot.

If it is in the refrigerator, and not vacuum sealed, I put about 1/8" to 1/4" of apple juice, beef broth or a combination of both in the bottom of a pan, layer in the brisket, splash more apple juice or beef broth on top, tightly seal the pan and reheat between 250°F-300°F (but 325°F-350°F is alright also). If you have a cooling rack that will fit in the bottom of the pan so you can keep the meat from touching the bottom of the pan, that will be a plus.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SKSmoker

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I put the half flat in a glass pyrex with a little bit of water in the bottom and covered with foil. Set for 325F for 35 minutes and it was de-lish!
Lead by example