PID

Started by justmeandonlyme, June 09, 2007, 08:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justmeandonlyme

I am about thirty days new here and am already having much better results than I actually expected.  Not patting myself on the back.  Rather, I am saying thank you to all for the wise advice I have been reading here.  Got a question.  From what I have read, the way to diminish the temperature anxiety I have been suffering, I should consider a PID?  Is that correct?   Assuming it is correct, is there any one on here that makes them behind their barn and sells them to novices in plain brown wrappers with a reasonable profit added in?  From what I have learned the Guru appears to be the only commercially available unit available and its price is  way high.  If there is a more reasonable way, I would appreciate some direction.  I know there are wonderful plans for PID s on here.  However,  please understand that beyond plugging cords in and changing bulbs, I am out of my element.  Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

3rensho

Hi justmeandonlyme,

Well, building one from scratch would be way beyond my skill level but there are some people on the forum that do it.  I bought one on e-bay for a little over 30 bucks and wired it myself in a hobby box.  It was dead simple and as you mention there are some great wiring diagrams on this forum.  A PID certainly takes all the strain out of temperature setting and gives you a lot more time for adult beverages.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Tiny Tim

I'm hoping my PID will get rid of my anxiety about temps.  If mine works when I get it together, I could have you send me the pieces and I could assemble it for you, but there are many posters here that are better working with electricity than I am.  Arcs could probably even set ya up with a cooler one than I'm building (I'm doing the base model, entry level one).

HCT

Looking for some more posts. I'd be interested in that also justme, good question.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"