Brisket Finally

Started by MRH, May 13, 2007, 06:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRH

I finally got around to trying a brisket ;D  It is 7-3\4 lbs I got it yesterday at the Walmart supercenter. Last night at 8 ish I hit it with some black pepper and garlic salt and into the smoker set at 210 it went with 4 hours of hickory pucks.  I dumped the puck water at 10:00 before hitting the bed and added fresh to it. This morning at 7:30 I dumped the remaining pucks and added new water, then foiled up the meat after giving it a good spray of apple juice, it was at 168 internal temp and looked real nice!!! So now I am wating for it to hit 185 then it will FTC for a while. Can't wait to gice it a try and I will try to get some pics to post too.

Mark

Wildcat

Sounds like it should turn out just fine.  Let us know and looking forward to the photo's.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

iceman

Yer in for a treat Mark. Sounds down right GOOD!!! ;D

MRH

Finished it after 14.5 hours then into the cooler for ftc 3 hours here is how it came out ;D Very tasty!!

Mark

NePaSmoKer

Looks real good Mark  ;D

nepas

Habanero Smoker

Nice looking brisket. Glad you finally tried it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

hillbillysmoker

Looks excellent Mark.  Nice brilliant pic as well.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

coyote

Great Mark , if just half as good as it looks.....WOW!! :)

West Coast Kansan

Nice and moist too  :) looks great  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

SKSmoker

I could have sworn that was right beside my monitor.. now off to get another monitor! :) Great job. Brisket is very tasty when done right and burnt ends from the point, don't even get me started. Oh baby!!

Good job MRH!
Lead by example

Tiny Tim

Good job.

I was hoping to be doing one myself next weekend.  Doesn't look like it's going to happen though.  Dad and his girlfriend went to the City yesterday, and they usually stop at the Super Wal Mart there, so I told him to pick me up a flat or at least a bone in butt if they didn't have a good flat.  First time in 10 years they went to the City and didn't stop at a Wal Mart (or even a grocery store).

MRH

So we have been eating on this brisket, just making sandwiches using Icemans sauce, it makes a he11 of a good sandwich ;D Is there any other ways that you guys recommend eating it?

Mark

coyote

Send some over and I'm sure I can come up with something. ;D

Coyote

kiyotei

that is one beautiful brisket!  Do you guys recommend wrapping the meat in foil once you pass the 160 mark, and continue cooking till it hits about 180 to get the proper tenderness?  Is there a temp point where the meat starts to fall apart so much you can't slice it, or is it more time based?