The Bradley Takes a Tumble

Started by BurntFork Ken, May 27, 2007, 04:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurntFork Ken

Just in case you were wondering if the OBS is a durable little bugger in addition to being a great smoker, let me offer this:  Not long ago, we had a little get-together here at the estate... house... (well, it's an estate for the dogs, they're small).  Anywho, one of our friends missed a step going up to the deck where the Bradley stays.  In her effort to catch herself, she smacked into the nice wheeled cart I built for the OBS, which sent it and the smoker flying off the deck.

Granted, the deck only sits about 18-20" off the ground, but on top of the cart, the OBS now falls about 3 to 4 feet down.  Fortunately, our backyard walkway where it hit is pea gravel and not concrete.  The smoke unit was not attached, and was inside the house.  Aside from the door being slightly misaligned due to bent hinges (which I fixed) and a nasty little dent, she came through unscathed.  She's currently smoking baby backs and sausage.

I wouldn't recommend independent testing, let me handle that for you  ;D

All the best to all this smoking season!
Ken

iceman

Whew!!! Close call, but will she ever play the piano again? :D ;D Just glad all still works for you Ken. Have a good one and enjoy!!! ;)

West Coast Kansan

;D Glad nothing being smoked at the time  ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

manxman

And what about your ex-friend!!??  ;) ;) :D :D

Glad the story had a happy ending, I dropped my smoke generator a while ago from about 3 foot onto concrete. Came out rather dented and scratched but still works fine.  :)
Manxman

Kummok

Please let me know how to contact your friend, Ken.....I've got a coupla computers that need "testing" (all PCs, of course!)  ;) ;D

BurntFork Ken

Amen to that Kummock, love my Mac!

BTW, the ribs turned out fantastic - pull away from the bone perfect  :)

Cheers!
Ken