Back on treadmill

Started by Boybach, May 15, 2007, 09:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boybach

Hi folks
Missed you all been stuck in the old Hospital for a few weeks. Could hardly breathe huge chest/lung infection but thank God no ticker problems encountered and all ECG's normal. Delighted to say now better and after all sorts of tests have been found to have an underactive thyroid as well as the chest infection. Felt lethargic for last three years and already in few days the transformation has been dramatic. I feel like a two year old. I had good lecture from a young student Doctor when I replied to his question Do you Smoke? to which I in all honesty replied only at the week-end and only since last Christmas. (I was a University Teaching Hospital Chairman and the Consultant looking after me is a friend of mine and had put me up to it) The junior was really set up and was told afterwards that he must never jump to conclusions when questioning patients until he had succinctly established the correct facts he was after. ie he should have asked did I smoke cigarettes etc. not just did I smoke Helped me have a little lighter moment and at least reminded me what I had in store for my release. Planning another BBQ for the week-end after next a holiday week-end in UK. Ah so good to be alive with things to look forward to. Nice to be back
Cheers
BB

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Tiny Tim

Glad to see ya back and feeling much better.

Liked the part about the young doc getting schooled. :D

Wildcat

Sure glad you are now alright and posting again.  Great prank.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Welcome back BB. Missed ya. ;)

hillbillysmoker

Welcome back.  Look forward to hearing from you on the forum.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Habanero Smoker

Welcome back. I'm glad you have your health under control.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

I had been wondering where you had got to.

Sorry to hear you have been unwell Neil, nice to see you posting again. 

Take good care.  :)
Manxman

Gizmo

Looks like a new text book entry for the schoolin of docs.   ;D
Welcome back and continued speedy recovery.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

coyote

Good to know you're up and runnin' BB. Let the medical world know that a little weekend smoking......
gives life flavor. ;D

Coyote

LilSmoker

Hi Neil, well i'm glad to hear you're ok and on the mend, i wondered where you'd been  ;)

Now you have an excuse to treat yourself and indulge in some BS delights, some pastrami maybe?  ;D

Take care..........LilSmoker (Steve)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Boybach

Well chaps the great week-end arrived - we had invited some friends over for a Sunday smoke - bah humbug what on earth is this global warming problem? we had a global soaking all day and despite the best laid plans of mice and men we ended up having an Indian takeaway. It was very nice and the heat of the food at least warranted some ice cold beers and we could at least pretend it was a nice day sitting indoors with the heat on. So back to the drawing board and we noe await next week-end's forecast with bated breath. hope you are all well.
Cheers
BB

manxman

Miserable weather isn't it Boyback............. cold too! We went up to watch some of the TT motorcycle races last night and started off with a couple of pints of Guinness from the local pub, together with a couple of baps filled with the most delicious pulled pork from the BS in Iceman's sauce.

However the evening finished off with us huddled in the pub drinking cups of tea and hot chocolate because it went so cold!! Rain too which is a big problem for the riders, medivac helicopters seemed busy at one stage which is not good.

Weather can only get better IMHO, poor for this time of year.  >:(
Manxman

Cajun

Glad you are better welcome back  ;)
There is a place for all of Gods animals right next to the mashed potatos and gravy