Yet more Kummok salmon !

Started by Dalby Spook, April 18, 2007, 09:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalby Spook

Sorry to be a bore, folks but this tastes sooooooo good.
I've only been wrong once, and that's when I thought I was wrong. But I was'nt.
A. Einstien

Mr Walleye

Hey Dalby

If it tastes as good as it looks it will be awsome!

Good Job!  :P  :P  :P

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

LilSmoker

Yeah i have to agree, i've always been an avid cold smoked salmon fan, but Kummoks hot smoked is truly awesome!

It's worth having a BS just to do Kummoks salmon, oh and Habs pastrami, and er....ribs, turkey, brisket, well everything really!  ;D

Anyway that looks great Dalby, i could really put some of that away right now! ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Kummok

The pint of stout must be juuuuust outside the picture, eh Spook?!?!? ;) ;D

Arcs_n_Sparks

Dalby Spook,

Very nice indeed.....

Arcs_n_Sparks

Wildcat

That does look good.  May have to give it a try one day myself.  Do not care for fried, baked, grilled salmon, but smoked may work.  Grouper is my favorite fish.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Dalby Spook

QuoteThe pint of stout must be juuuuust outside the picture, eh Spook?!?!? 

I think something a little more refind is called for here. A pint or two of very cold Chablis or a New Zealand Cab. Sauv.

Recipe suggestion: Spaghetti carbonara. Substitute the bacon for Kummok salmon. Serve with above. Enjoy.
A. Einstien

Dalby Spook

QuoteMay have to give it a try one day myself.  Do not care for fried, baked, grilled salmon, but smoked may work.

Wildcat. I do not like fish at all usually. This I will eat till it comes out of my ears.
A. Einstien

Kummok

Quote from: Dalby Spook on April 19, 2007, 09:16:56 AM
.....I think something a little more refind is called for here.......

"refind".....In Alaskan "culture", that involves using GPS to get back on top of your favorite "secret" fishing spot during season opening! (and then celebrating with smoked salmon and a stout! ;) :D ;) :D)

NePaSmoKer

That looks really good. Going to be my next smoke ;D

nepas

West Coast Kansan

:D Great shot, betting this one goes to the track forum!  :D Very nice

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Me_Like_Meat

Quote from: Dalby Spook on April 19, 2007, 09:16:56 AM
QuoteThe pint of stout must be juuuuust outside the picture, eh Spook?!?!? 

I think something a little more refind is called for here. A pint or two of very cold Chablis or a New Zealand Cab. Sauv.

Recipe suggestion: Spaghetti carbonara. Substitute the bacon for Kummok salmon. Serve with above. Enjoy.

Or do a vodka cream sauce with dill and lemon zest, with generous chunks of this tossed in during the last minute before serving. Use fine pasta such as angel hair or vermicelli, toss it up with a dash of the pasta water and a bit of the cream sauce before you add the salmon to the sauce. Arrange on a plate, garnish with a touch of extra dill then pig out. Or if the salmon is fresh from the smoker and still warm, sauce the pasta then arrange salmon on top. Whatever turns your crank. I'd go for a nice Pinot Noir. Some may like freshly grated Parmigianno Reggiano on top, others not. And don't forget some fresh ground black pepper and maybe a wedge or two of lemon nearby.

Oh crap I'm getting hungry now! Actually we had this two weekends ago, when I made my first batch of Kummok-ish hot smoked salmon. It looked like the picture above and tasted fabulous.........

Mike