Your new source for Bubba Pucks

Started by Chez Bubba, June 05, 2007, 06:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kummok

Good place to ask this question, Scott....hopefully those with experience with both the Bubba Pucks and the Auber Instruments product will weigh in with their comments.

As the inventor of the original Bubba Pucks, I can tell you that the non-coated finish of the BPs was intentional. I subscribe to the belief that advancing spacers can be better "approved as clean" when the smoke residue can be seen rather than "hidden" ( I throw mine in the dishwasher once in awhile if I SEE any build-up). I also tested the BPs through many, many cycles, have used them for about 5 years now, and have never experienced any "crash damage on the bisquettes" ( ??? ).  I originally considered several designs and materials, including rings, and rejected all in favor of the final design of the BPs due to its simple, bulletproof design and performance. I no longer have any involvement with the BPs so can't answer questions about costs, shipping, etc but I do know from experience that the Yard and Pool folks have earned a stellar reputation for service, based upon the comments on this forum.

I hope that none of these comments are taken as negative toward any other advancing spacer producer...there is none intended. Rather I'm just attempting to give your question objective feedback regarding the BPs and trust your final decision to be what's best for you and your needs... Smoke On!!

scotts87

I decided to go with the Bubba Pucks rather than the rings. Hopefully they will arrive in the mail this weekend. I really look forward to using them, because it is a shame to needlessly waste wood. Clever little invention Kummok!!

Kummok

Quote from: scotts87 on July 16, 2009, 11:12:09 AM
..... Clever little invention Kummok!!

Would love to claim the invention credit but, truth be told, I seem to recall that it was a product of early discussions on this forum years back. This is a great place for turning needs/challenges into solutions!

buttburner

I used a wood puck and a bubba screwdriver to advance the last puck

works for me LOL

oakville smoker

I have thought about this approach
I was thinking a hardwood dowell would do the job.  Maybe even a phenolic material as I think it has a high resistance to heat
Right now though it is the old screwdriver for final advancement
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

crestman

This bubba puck is a great idea. I just made some on our CNC router out of 1/2" aluminum, gave the edges a 1/8" fillet and wallah!!! They work great!

Quarlow

All these guys with CNC machines just sitting around. I am jealous.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

BigJohnT

Quarlow you can borrow mine next time your near Swamp East Missouri and make some like this.

JT Pucks

JT

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

mtim

I just ordered 3 yesterday from yardandpool.com. They were 25.99. for all 3  They also sell the bisquettes cheaper than anyplace else that I have seen.  I ordered them after 5 yesterday and I get a notification that they are out for delivery from ups already.  I see that they are in MD and I am in northern PA

pensrock

I'm in central PA and I get my orders from Y&P very quickly. Great service from Bryan and the gang.

ShutUpNFish

I have a question....I'm new to these digital auto feeding puck smokers.  Can someone please tell me how pucks are waisted if they never reach the burner?  Or do they acually burn while in the chamber or something??  Just curious.

TestRocket

The puck that pushes the one that is on the burner is in contact with it and on the edge of the burner. It too starts to burn a little!   ;D

West TN Smoker

I got mine from Auberins.com when I ordered the stuff for my PID modification, they work great.

smoker pete

Quote from: BigJohnT on June 09, 2010, 12:13:16 PM
Quarlow you can borrow mine next time your near Swamp East Missouri and make some like this.

JT Pucks

JT

Those are just tooooooo pretty to use in my nasty old smoker  ;D ;D

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl