An Email From My Son

Started by NePaSmoKer, June 06, 2007, 06:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Got a couple emails from my one son in Iraq thought i would share.

Dad

Things are pretty on edge here 2 guys from my unit got killed, didnt really know them that good but it still hurts us all. I talked to Jay in Afgah, he is doing good and wanted me to tell you and mom that he is ok and sorry he dont call or email much.

(He's my spec forces son)

So what I want to tell you if I dont come home you can put me wherever you would like.

Lova ya

end

Second email

Didnt mean to worry you about what I said about burial thing, I know how emotional you get......LOL sorry

Anyways do you think you can make more jerky like about 30 pounds? The guys in the mortar crew really like it. Well gotta go and get some sleep.

Love ya

end

Well i know he is ok thats for sure. dont like thinkin about the other stuff. My son in afgahnistan is special forces and we dont know what he does

nepas

Oldman

Thank you for sharing this with us.  All I can say is... May the Lord of Life look over your son and all of our young folks....

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

projump

Thanks for sharing the letter with us. God Bless our military. They are very brave and special people, fighting to preserve this great country and our way of life. We should never take freedom for granted, a very high price has been paid for it. Thanks  :)
When there are visible vapors in ignited carbonaceous material, there you will find parts of an omnivorous ungulate from the suidae family of mammals.

bunnydude

My prayers are with your boys may the lord see them safley home.

SEMPER FI

coyote

Very Powerful...to say the least.............Thanks for sharing Nepas..... You are a very wealthy man.

Coyote

Kummok

ThanX for sharing that email, Nepas.....your son is VERY smart to take good care of his mortar crew. Prayers are with him and your "ghost" son!

Habanero Smoker

My prayers go out to your sons, and all troops serving in war zones.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

car54

My prayers and thoughts are with your son and all the other military personnel.

Brad

HCT

Nepas,
   Your son sounds like a great boy, sorry, great man. God bless both your sons and the rest of our troops over there. Thank them for the great job their doing. We wouldn't be able to write these postings if not for our brave troops. God bless.
Mike
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Wildcat

Praying for your family Nepas as well as all troops of all countries that are fighting down the terrorist.  Thank God for the e-mail abilities of today.  Back in Viet Nam it took much, much longer for word to get back home.  His e-mail had a little sting, but you know he is still alright.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

begolf25

Nepas,

My family will be praying for the safe return of your sons and all of our brave soldiers. This country cannot thank them enough for the sacrifices they make. Thank you for sharing his letter with us.

Tiny Tim

Thanks for sharing the letters.  Hoping they both stay safe, along with the rest of our soldiers.

iceman

Hang in there Nepa. Your boys are sure in our prayers all the time along with the other troops. God speed on a safe return.
Pat and Ann

IKnowWood

thanks NePa.  You got soem tough kids there, best hope you see them again soon.

Wish I knew how to make Jerky, I'd send you some to add.  I can send you some Pulled pork and Sop.n. Sauce.  Don't know how well it would travel and how they would prep it.  Let me know what I can contribute...

IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

NePaSmoKer

Thanks everyone for you well wishes and kind thoughts. We The People are fortunate to have brave men and women that take the calling to protect our freedom from enemies that want to do harm to our great USA.

From me and my wife we pray that all our sons, daughters, wifes, husbands, boy friends and girl friends come home safe from all theaters of operation.

I love this forum.

nepas