The BBQ Bible website

Started by Smoke_Lover, June 16, 2007, 12:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoke_Lover

Hi All;

For all of those out there that are as new to this as I am, this might be an interesting site.  This guy does a show called BBQ University and this site has some VERY detailed FAQ's for ribs, briskets and other meats.  I just read the FAQ's for Ribs and the one for Brisket.  Gives a lot of information.  Check it out.

http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=9035f5ca5612a85918f61e2bdedfd784

I have one brisket and four racks of spare ribs under my belt, with some success.  I invested into two thermometers since.  The Redi Chek on sale for Fathers day at Cabellas, that will track box and one meat, and another, also from Cabellas that just tracks one meat.

Thanks to reading this board I was alerted to and now veryfied that the gauge on the DBS is 10 to 15 deg F low.  I hope for more exact results now that I can monitor without fanning the door.  My only real dissapointment in the BDS is that I have to bring it inside after use.  I live in an apartment and the instructions say to store it inside when not in use.  Thank goodness I dont have to bring in the gas grill too. ???

Let me know if the above site was of any interest to anyone.

Later guys ;D
You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now.

Joan Baez

Consiglieri

We get a kick out of watching his BBQ show on PBS.  Some interesting recipes, but the music track sounds like it belongs in a blue movie. 

Good luck with the Bradley Experience and keep us posted on your adventures. 
Consiglieri

Gizmo

Went to BBQ University last year.  Very expensive but also very fun.  Definately a must do if you can spare the cask.  Raichlen is very entertaining and fun to learn from.  Plus you get to play with over 40 different types of grills.  They had 2 smokers there as well.  He has a few products that are usefull as well.  His "How to Grill" book is a great source of information for using grills.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Consiglieri

I've looked over his literature too.  He has quite a few smokers, at least according to his book.  Of all the equipment, I'd be most interested in test driving the Big Green Egg.   I've seen them at the store, but don't know anyone who has one.  Concept seems sound.  But it's not a Bradley, and I bought a Bradley so that I wouldn't have to tend fuel at all hours and stay tethered to the cooker for 12 or more hours. 
Consiglieri

Gizmo

I don't own one and there are a few here that do and will be able to provide much more info that I, but at BBQ U, we used it several times.  Makes great Naan (flat bread).  It has a very high cooking temperature so does those chores very well.  The only negative I have seen on it other than price, is the fire box apparently gets very brittle and can crumble easily.   
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/