Would anyone like to suggest a recipe for our company newsletter

Started by ScottCountry, June 20, 2007, 04:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottCountry

Hi there,

We are new to the forum but would like to introduce ourselves.

We are Scott Country from Castle Douglas, South West Scotland

We are Bradley stockists and retail them in store and on our online website www.bradleysmokers.co.uk

You can visit our online store at www.scottcountry.co.uk

We send a newsletter to our customers every month, and quite often we do a "Hints and Tips" page on the use of the popular Bradley smoker.

Well in this months newsletter we would like to include an actual recipe that you guys have tried and tested.

Therefore if you want to be included in the newsletter and have your recipe sent out to a few thousand people then please drop us a line at [email protected]

Also if you have any questions regarding Bradley Smokers or are looking to come try one in Scotland then visit us online or instore anytime.

Best Regards

From all at Scott Country
www.scottcountry.co.uk

manxman

I would suggest clicking on the link below to take you to the Bradley Smoker recipe site that includes many suitable tried and tested choices.

As long as the recipe is credited to the recipe site and author in your newsletter, perhaps with a link to the site which will encourage more folks to visit it, I can't foresee any problems.

Anything that spreads the word about Bradley Smokers has got to be a good thing.  ;)

Welcome to the forum.  :)

( i have also emailed them with this reply)

Manxman

manxman

Just checked out the website above, to anyone thinking of buying an Original Bradley Smoker here in the UK thay have a 15% discount on some of their lines, the black OBS seems to be coming in at £229 which is the best price I have come across on this side of the pond.

Well worth a look, unfortunately the discount does not appear to apply to their pucks as well!!
Manxman

ScottCountry

Hi there, thanks for the replies.

The special offers are on for a limited time, we dont really want to use this forum to sell stuff, as its not really professional, but we are happy to help people with advice, and gain some advice from reading also.

You can always order online, and we deliver worldwide.

Just to let you know we will shortly have available the Bradley 6 Rack Digital Smoker for delivery from Friday onwards.

We often have special offers on things on the site so if you would like to be added to the newsletter please visit this page of our site and remember to tick the box at the bottom to be added to our newsletter.

http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/contact.asp

It is firmly our policy that we wont share your details with anyone else.

ManxMan: Can you recommend a particular recipe from your excellent site to be included, and i will definately link back to the site.

Thanks for reading everyone

Regards

Paul

Tiny Tim

I would suggest the chicken rolls.  Easy to do, quick in relation to other things, and have ingredients that almost everybody likes and should have in their fridge.

Can't go wrong with anything from that site though.

manxman

The person who deserves all the credit for the recipe site is Raye Minor (aka Oldman) on this forum as he did most of the groundwork, however it truly is a members recipe forum as many people have submitted recipes and articles for posting there.

It is nice to have anyone with an interest in smoking aboard, there are a few other "dealers" here and their input is always appreciated, particularly as you, like the other dealers, appreciate that hard sell would not be popular!!  ;) :)

I will email you with a few of my favourites from the recipe site.  :)

Manxman

ScottCountry

Thanks very much paul, its a pleasure.

Hard selling on forums is very much not our forte, we do very well with a competent, informative, fast and quality product packed website.

Best Regards

Paul

La Quinta

Hi! I just tried a "new recipe" (well I made it up...which I have a tendency to do...anyway...) I halved some new potatos (the small red ones)...put them in the smoker "naked" (no oil or seasoning) for an hour at 200F (with hickory). I pulled them off let them cool and put them in the fridge overnight. (They do not cook...just get light smoke...they"re still a bit firm)The next morning I had brunch guests..I cubed up the smoked potatos and mixed them with some non-smoked "blanched" cubed new potatos (Wasn"t sure if my guests liked smoked so I played it safe) Fried them in butter and a wee bit of bacon fat to make them for the brunch! Along with the normal other dishes one makes for a brunch...they were the hit! (No-one could figure out why they were so good!) Just something "different and delicious" about them! Gotta love that!! I didn"t tell!!! A girl's gotta have her secrets! Cheers!

Kummok

Simple AND tasty.....doesn't get any better than that!  ThanX for sharing, LaQuinta! I think I'll have to try this with my fish eggs for a well rounded smoked breakfast Nirvana!!

La Quinta

Fish eggs! You"re after my own heart! Sounds great! let me know!

manxman

QuoteI'll have to try this with my fish eggs for a well rounded smoked breakfast Nirvana!!

Fish eggs in the BS are sooooooo good!  :)
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Kummok,

How long are you going to string these people out. ;D

By the way. I've made fish eggs using Kummok's recipe.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Kummok

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 22, 2007, 02:04:00 PM
Kummok,

How long are you going to string these people out. ;D

By the way. I've made fish eggs using Kummok's recipe.

I'm basking in the experience, Hab! When I mentioned "fish eggs" for breakfast with my grandkids for the first time, all I got back was "Eeeewwwww, I'm NOT eating that!" That was UNTIL they actually tried it....which was AFTER I had to show them EVERYTHING that went into the eggs so they could see that "No actual fish eggs were abused during the making of this dish" ! ;) ;D ;D

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

La Quinta