Sunday Brisket

Started by kiyotei, June 24, 2007, 09:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiyotei

Well I did a 5.5lb brisket today.  I smoked it 11 hours using hickory only.  I like to mix in mesquite but was out of it.  I used a black pepper, salt, and sugar rub.  It started to rain pretty hard so I pulled it out at 189 degrees.  I was shooting for 195.  It turned out good but needed more smoke flavor (mesquite).  It also needed about an hour more cooking for proper tenderness but was still tastey.  I was gonna post some pics but could not figure out how to do it.

SKSmoker

You can use www.imageshack.us to host your pictures. Pretty straightforward.

1. hit browse to where your pictures are on your computer
2. click "resize image" box
3. select 800x600 in the drop down box
4 click the "host it" button
5. It will take you to a page full of links.
6. Uncheck the box that says "include details" about the middle of the page
7.Take the entire link where it says Hotlink for forums (1)  beside it.
8. reply or start a new message
9. paste the link you just copied into your message
10. Post it the reply or message and your pic should show up.

It sounds like a lot of work, but really, it just took me 20 seconds to do this one:
Lead by example

kiyotei

Hey thanks for the tip.  Here is a pic of my brisket.

kiyotei

oops that was not right here it is again.

chuck steak

Quote from: kiyotei on June 25, 2007, 10:28:55 AM
oops that was not right here it is again.

Now ,,,BY CRACKIE thats a good looking piece of smoke, I noticed the way you've scored the fat, dang I was gonna keep that my secret. CONGRATS bro. looks damm good

hillbillysmoker

Great results on your smoke and your pics.  Congrats.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

kiyotei

thanks guys.  It was nice and tastey too.  I was a bit concerned as I started the smoking because I'm still having some technical problems with my smoker.  So far I had my thermostat circuit board fail (replaced under warrenty) and I've also had to replace my temperature sensor.  The new sensor also is not working properly so they are sending me another one this week.  Basically the heat shuts off at around 260 and does not kick back on until the temp drops down to around 200 degrees.  Normally I don't smoke at 260 but for preheating the smoker as well as fast cooking, I want to be able to run at hotter temps.  Some times I'm in a hurry and just want to smoke some chicken breasts for an hour and then toss on the grill to finish and I need higher temps for that.

SKSmoker

Hopefully your bradley gets all fixed up and you can keep on smokin. Hang in there, they are a great company!!
Lead by example