2 Butts and 1 Brisket

Started by wicz, June 29, 2007, 12:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wicz

Skipystu,  Thank you.  I have the Butts on top so they would drip on the brisket.

Trentonator

Wicz:  I bought the Original Bradley Smoker, and only had it since 7/3.  Caught it on sale at the new Bass Pro for $ 299.  Could not be any happier, the 2 times I have used it have produced amazing results. 

I get most of my meat at Costco at 95th & I 35, so far I have been very satisfied.  They are pretty reasonable, much like Sam's.  Bought some whole chicken and drummies at Hy-Vee and they were superb with hickory smoking.

We're looking forward to trying a brisket and a pork butt as well as a salmon. 

Cheers!

West Coast Kansan

You two also have Jimkelli up around Tonganoxi...sp When I go back to KS for a visit I will PM you and we can do breakfast or something.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

wicz

Trentonator, I heard that Costco does not have bone in pork butt

West Coast Kansan, Sounds like a plan.

Trentonator

We found a nice brisket at McGonigle's (off 79th & Ward Parkway in KCMO) and smoked that up last weekend.  It was EXCELLENT.  They have a very impressive meat shop there if you ever want to check it out.   

West Coast Kansan

McGonigle's is great place to pick up PRIME meats. Another place to check out is Bicklemeyers (sp) on 7th street expressway in KCK. Worth the trip. A real 'hometown' butcher market. The do start to finish for a number of local farmers. 

Found Costco's will vary. Sometimes bone in and/or bone out is available. Ask behind the counter for bone in butts and they will often have them - cryovac two to a pack.  The trick is finding the one guy that knows the difference between a butt and sholder.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)