RIP Les Crane...One of the finest men I've ever had the pleasure to meet.

Started by Chez Bubba, July 05, 2007, 04:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

Sorry about your loss.  Our prayers are with you and your family.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Kummok

As I've seen so many times here, the folks on this forum have shown themselves once again as "family". Your caring shines through the sometimes filtering effect of the "digital realm"! You all are pretty special folks and Sandy & I thank you for your kindness and compassion! Kirk & Anne, know that you both left a great impression on Dad.

As the obit states, we'll be having a memorial celebration this Wednesday (.....had to "borrow" a bigger church for the expected turnout of friends/family....some of whom he'd be REAL happy to see "have" to come to church ;)). We'll all remember together and celebrate his new life with the Lord....most knew him as a "man's man", logger, soldier, hunter, shipbuilder, outdoorsman....but those who knew him best knew him as a man of great faith. There's a big hole in our hearts right now, but we rejoice in the knowledge that he is no longer in that worn out old body (which could probably STILL out pack me ;)!)  Dad rode the full 8 seconds, rode well, and never complained......a tough act to follow!

ThanX again for your kindness and prayers.....You are all the type of positive folks that continue to give me hope for the world, even after listening to the nightly news!! ;) :D

I'll share this pic of Dad at his last gun show, with a small portion of his collection....one of the ways he'd like to be remembered. (He was holding Minnie Mouse for a picture for his great granddaughters.....one of our granddaughters had given Minnie to us when we left for Alaska a while back, so that we "wouldn't forget her" (Fat Chance!). Now they get regular updates "from Minnie Mouse" and Dad wanted Minnie to report to them on this particular show.)