• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

HELP!!!

Started by KyNola, July 14, 2007, 02:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Did the break in burn today.  Granted I did not have my Maverick 73 involved but I set the oven temp to 150.  The DBS promptly ran up tp 187 degrees.  I opened the vent 100% and the temperature dropped a few degrees to about 180.  Weather conditions were good, slight breeze, 85 degrees ambient, in the shade.  Any thoughts? ???

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum.  I have the OBS in SS so I am not sure.  I would try it with the Maverick in the center.  Your smoker gauge placement may be the problem.  I know it is in the OBS.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

If you go too high while seasoning, it's not big deal. My only thought is what are you going to smoke first?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

West Coast Kansan

As said above, you will want an independent thermometer for tower temps both DBS and OBS tower indicators are subject to inaccuracy as the units cycles - empty or full.  As HabS says not a big deal, you will quickly learn how your unit behaves and your off and running - what are you smoking first? Let us know how it goes.  ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

KyNola

Thanks for the info guys.  Will be using the Maverick going forward.

KyNola

brderj

What is a maverick?

NePaSmoKer

brderj

Thats nice...thanks!  One more thing I have to purchase. ;D

Wildcat

WELL worth the money IMHO.

brderj

I dont even own one and I will agree to that.  As long as it works as well as advertised.  I have a good meat thermometer, but nothing like that, wireless to 100 feet and it does both temps in meat and inside smoker?  Nice.  Wicked nice.

hillbillysmoker

I own a Maverick 73 and love it.  It works extremely well, but the advertised 100 feet for remote use is way over stated.  I figure on about 25 feet if there is a wall between the units.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

brderj

I have a balcony right off of my bedroom...I could put it there.  Or better yet, just move the whole unit inside.  Then I might snuggle with it though, and that could be bad.   ;D

sherlock

??? I am glad Brderj asked what it was.

I guess I should have gotten one of those instead of the Bradley unit I ordered. :)

Wildcat

I have the Maverick and the Bradley.  Both of mine are accurate, but the Bradley only monitors the meat temp.  I use both units sometimes.

NePaSmoKer

I have a BBQ GURU/RAPTOR so i dont need my maverick anymore.

nepas