What a great day to live in Kentucky!!

Started by KyNola, July 15, 2007, 02:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

I don't think I could be any happier at this moment.  As I write I am sitting on the screened in porch, the DBS is busy working on the ribs that smell great, the wife is taking a nap as are both of our new Scottish Terrier puppies and the beer is cold.  I am so fortunate to live in a beautiful State in the greatest country in the world.

Is this what you call a Bradley "high"?  (Sorry, sound kind of like John Denver.)

God bless America and our military servicemen and servicewomen.

KyNola ;D ::) :D

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

KyNola

Well, I can tell you this, it sure doesn't suck.  BTW, ribs were just knocked out. 2 hours of alternating hickory and apple pucks and then 4 more hours.  All in all, what a great day.

KyNola ;D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on July 15, 2007, 05:54:09 PM
Well, I can tell you this, it sure doesn't suck.  BTW, ribs were just knocked out. 2 hours of alternating hickory and apple pucks and then 4 more hours.  All in all, what a great day.

KyNola ;D

I hear ya KyNola

And here is 2 of Americas finest keepin us safe.

nepas

Gizmo

Looking Good Nepa.  You have a lot to be proud of there.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

brderj

I bbq.  No matter where I go, what I am doing, whenever I get there I bbq.  Its like I travel with tools in hand or something.  I even carry a palm pilot with old favorite recipes just in case I can get the ingredients.  Last night was the same.  We got 10 pounds of lamb, I cooked it 3 different ways.  I even got whole clove garlic, some dried mint, fresh onions, and extra virgin olive oil from the chow hall.  We had 15 people show up.  No beer, no good weather, we did have some desert foxes try to steal peoples shoes...but it was a good time.  I'll do more of the same very soon....but with beer  ;D

hillbillysmoker

They certainly are two of America's finest Nepas.  My thoughts and prayers are with them every day.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Gizmo

brderj,
sounds like you are going to get a good following there in the land of sand.  Keep going and you'll put the chow hall out of business and have to change your job.    :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

brderj

lol.  I work with dogs finding bombs...though I love to cook they would have to pry my leash from my cold lifeless fingers before I willingly gave it up  ;D 

Sorry to hijack the thread...I just totally understand the feeling of joy associated with cooking, especially for and with friends.  And when I get home the majority of my posts will be just like this one.   ;D