puck advance stuck on

Started by smokin stu, July 25, 2007, 06:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokin stu

Whenever I plug my OBS in, the puck advance system kicks in right away.  It still advances a puck every twenty minutes, but it starts right away rather than when you push that button to start it up.

Any idea on where to look to fix this?  Normally I set up the smoke with water bowl and bisquettes and bubba pucks and let the whole system heat up for awhile, but now I have to wait until I am ready to cook before adding in the bsiquettes.

aha638

I had my switch stink in the "advance" position once and that caed the same problem,

Al

Mr Walleye

How bad did it smell!    :D  :D  ;D LOL

Sorry... I had too!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

3rensho

That's the way mine has always worked - the 20 minute countdown starts as soon as power is applied.  I do my pre-heat/PID learn cycle and then hit the puck advance to restart the countdown, load the pucks and then advance three pucks and let her rip.   It would be nice if you could load the pucks right from the git-go and only start the cycle, when desired, with a button push, but that isn't possible, at least on mine.  Minor item for me though.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Tiny Tim

Umm, isn't there a rocker switch that turns the Smoke Generator on and off?  I thought that's what mine does....could be wrong though.

Skipystu

Mine doesn't start until I hit the start button ... not when I turn on the smoker. I would think a call to Bradley would get you a new smoker element or something you can easily do at home to fix it.

Everywhere I look on this site I see people saying how great their customer service is, I would give them a call!

Habanero Smoker

When I turn my smoke generator on (pushing the rocker button), it always cycles upon power up. That hasn't been a problem for me, because I don't load any pucks until the generator has preheated.

The rocker switch turns on the smoke generator, and the push button is for advancing the bisquettes manually. When you plug it in, if the rocker switch in the on position that will cause the mechanism to advance.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Gizmo

Just for reference, the Digital also advances when the smoke generator is turned on.  I also do not load any pucks until the preheat is done.  1 cycle will not push a puck onto the burner (which is why you have to push the advance button 3 times unloaded or only 2 times if you had pucks loaded when power was applied).
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

smokin stu

huh, maybe nothing is wrong with theunit.....  maybe I just never noticed the advance kicking in right away.

Thanks folks.  I will just keep the bisquettes out until the meat is in!

Gizmo

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/