My Weekend Projects

Started by Mr Walleye, July 22, 2007, 04:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macman

Couple questions for you, does the reveo work well? I had no idea what it was until i googled it.... How much does it hold....?

And, you made the complete jerky with the smoker correct, no dehydrator or anything else.....

Thanks for the info Mike, most appreciated...

A

Mr Walleye

Macman

I've only had the Reveo of a few months but everything I've tried in it works well. Works very well for steaks, chicken, vegetables, etc. It says it holds 5 lbs I think. I have had all of 5 lbs in it, maybe more. You will have a very hard time finding one in Canada. I never did and Cabelas won't ship them to Canada either. I eventually ordered it and had it shipped to a forum members home in the US and he kindly forwarded it onto me.

I did completely do my jerky in the smoker. I make a fair bit and have always done it this way. You do have to rotate racks a fair bit if you don't have a circulation fan. There are lots of guys here that do their jerky completely in the BS.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Mike;

Thanks. Both pieces of information are useful.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

hillbillysmoker

Great looking smoking adventure.  Also, a dynamite setup. Congrats
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

sherlock

Great looking projects. Makes me hungary.

Just curious, how much use you get out of the Reveo?

Mr Walleye

I try to use it any time I think it way be of benifit. Even for doing a stir fry or something like that. It's easy to use and quick to clean up. Certianly a person can  get the job done without one but it's simpler with it. I think it's just another tool for fine grub!  ;)

Mike

iceman

I've been using mine 3 or 4 times a week lately for some reason. Maybe it's all the grilling we've been doing. ??? Sure has spoiled us. :P :)

sherlock

Can it hold things the size of porterhouse steaks, etc.

What all have you put in yours?

tsquared

Walleye you've got me jonesing for jerky and I have not even had breakfast yet! Great looking pics. You've inspired me to get some jerky going in the smoker very soon. It's fishing season here so I've been doing alot of salmon, hot and cold smoked.
T2

Mr Walleye

T2

I could like on jerky I think!  :D
I prefer to use eye of round so I usually watch for sales and pick up a bunch. Whenever ya make it... it won't last long and besides... It's mandatory for fishing isn't it!  ;)

Mike

Mr Walleye

Quote from: sherlock on July 25, 2007, 03:42:43 AM
Can it hold things the size of porterhouse steaks, etc.

What all have you put in yours?

It would depend on the size and how many. I have done 4 or 5 rib steaks without a problem. The nice thing is it doesn't take that long so you can run a couple of batches through ahead of time.

Mike