Just an update...

Started by brderj, August 23, 2007, 03:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brderj

We had a guy that would bring us lamb, whole legs or chopped up.  We had a bbq out there, nothing fancy, just welded 50 gallon drums, you know...  I would cook that up most of the time.  Because I'm a dog handler we have Army Vets that are with us for the dogs, the other thing they do besides animal care is food inspections, so we would always get fresh vegitables, garlic and such from the chow hall when the vet went in there to do inspections.  So we could get the stuff we needed...but there is a point when its way to hot to bbq  ;D

By the way...the shoulder is amazingly good.   ;D ;D

Artmiester

Awesome! Love lamb, especially the way the Syrians do it. Barbecue I mean.
Pulled pork shoulder's my favorite. Enjoy! Again, nice to have you back, Jay. ;D ;D
The Artmiester

"BBQs not the only pleasure in this world but it's way ahead of whatever's in second place."

rscearcy

I was in the middle of replying when my computer had a Microsoft Moment.  I hope I didn't post an incomplete message.  If so, sorry.

I was congratulating you on your safe return and hope the rest of your unit comes home safely also.  I'm an old veteran of scenic Southeast Asia and I remember how hard it was being away from home, especially during the exciting times.  Of course, we didn't have grills, but the stuff in the green cans smelled a little smoky every now and then.

In case you get homesick for south Asia, couldn't you aim a shop fan at your smoker and have one of your buddies throw sand into it to give you the sand storm experience again?  Just wondering.

Anyway, welcome home and happy smoking.
rscearcy
If you are able to keep your head when all around you are losing theirs...maybe they know something you don't.

brderj

Quote from: rscearcy on August 30, 2007, 09:57:33 AM
I was in the middle of replying when my computer had a Microsoft Moment.  I hope I didn't post an incomplete message.  If so, sorry.

I was congratulating you on your safe return and hope the rest of your unit comes home safely also.  I'm an old veteran of scenic Southeast Asia and I remember how hard it was being away from home, especially during the exciting times.  Of course, we didn't have grills, but the stuff in the green cans smelled a little smoky every now and then.

In case you get homesick for south Asia, couldn't you aim a shop fan at your smoker and have one of your buddies throw sand into it to give you the sand storm experience again?  Just wondering.

Anyway, welcome home and happy smoking.
rscearcy

lol....we lack the proper scary and nasty bugs as well....I need to be shot at at least 150 times during the bbq....1 big explosion hard enough to knock everything over that you spend 2 hours setting up...3 ugly girls...45 stupid men.  That would make me feel more at "home"   ;D ;D ;D

iceman

Quote from: brderj on September 07, 2007, 07:59:13 AM
lol....we lack the proper scary and nasty bugs as well....I need to be shot at at least 150 times during the bbq....1 big explosion hard enough to knock everything over that you spend 2 hours setting up...3 ugly girls...45 stupid men.  That would make me feel more at "home"   ;D ;D ;D
Hmmm..... Sounds like Wasilla, Alaska :D at least the ugly girl and stupid men part :D ;D :D

NePaSmoKer

Welcome home my friend. Good to know you are ok.

Smoke on  ;D

nepas

And A Giant Thank You

hillbillysmoker

Welcome home, Jay.  Thank you for your service. It is nice to have you with us.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes