• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

PID Illumination

Started by njoyn, August 26, 2007, 10:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njoyn

Now that I have the PID up and running I have another question.  Is there anyway to increase the brightness (readability in daylight) of the PID numbers?  I am using the Auber PID that Bubbagump recommends.

njoyn

smokin stu

I have a hard time with that as well.  I think the Auber PID was built for a shop floor not the backyard!!!

Gizmo

Don't know what your PID box looks like but you can put a hood around the display.  Use velcro to hold it to the box.  You can also purchase a product that is made for display protection for cameras and monitors, etc.  Hoodman makes quite a variety.  I have them for my LCD monitors on my video cameras.  Here is a link to their website.  If anything else, the site can give you an idea on how to mount a home made version.

http://www.hoodmanusa.com/products.asp?dept=1024
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Tiny Tim

I just stand between the sun and the PID face...no problem reading it. ;D  When I ain't reading it, the doors to my cabinet are closed so no critters can steal my food. :P

njoyn

Here is a responce I got from Suri regarding this problem........

"Unlike the red LED, the green led can only adapt to either outdoor or indoor lightening condition. There are two types of green LED on the market. The one that can be read under sun light is too bright to read under indoor light bulb illuminated condition. The other one (the one used in this controller) should be read easily under a 200 watt light bulb illuminated room. However, it is difficult to read it under outdoor lightening condition.. If you are using it under indoor lightening condition and still have difficult to read it, it might be defective."

Look like the suggestion of a hood is what I am going to have to do.

Thanks

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...