Fallen Soldier

Started by car54, September 08, 2007, 05:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

As many of you know my grandson's (Taylor) father, SFC Scott Brown died in combat on May 18th, 2007. I have spent the whole summer making a memorial scrap book to give to Taylor.

I  finished it 2 weeks ago and gave it to him. Taylor wanted a safe to keep it in. Instead I made him a box. The scrap book took me over 250 hours to complete at a cost of about $500.00.  It is over 5.5 inches thick and weighs over 15 lbs. There are about 300 documents in it that includes news coverage, personal and military pictures, legal documents, letters from politicians, web blogs, many cards and multi media presentations on DVDs. Whatever I was able to find about his father, I put it in. It has been a labor of love and commitment for Taylor's benefit.

Taylor has only briefly looked at it. Taylor is a very adventurous, smart and creative 12 year old. That means he has a tendency to get in trouble just like his father. I know that some day when Taylor needs some personal help he will have the scrap book to inspire him.

Also, my thoughts and prayers are for all the Bradley members who are or have relatives in the military.

Thanks to all in this forum, Brad

Mr Walleye

Brings a tear to my eye everytime I read about this.

Outstanding job on the scrapbook Brad and excellent idea!

My neice just got back from Afgahnistan. She is a Medic. The local paper here did a front page story on her time there. We are very proud of her. I certianly hope your family can find your way through this.

You and your family are in my thoughts, especially young Taylor.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

iceman

I can't even begin to tell you how much that means to Ann and me Brad. Well done and hugs from us. People like you bring back the light and happiness to all of us. Take care and God bless my friend. :)

Wildcat

You are obviously a great father and grandfather.  My heart goes out to you.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

coyote

Shoulders together my friend.....None of us will ever have to walk alone.

Doug

Habanero Smoker

I can't imagine any gift you could have given him that could have been greater than this.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

NePaSmoKer

Brad

I cant even imagine your families loss.

In my book and i am sure my sons feel the same way that SFC Scott Brown is an American hero.

I will have you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

nepas

hillbillysmoker

Nicely done with a loving touch.  You and the family are in our prayers.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Oldman

Goes without saying, that as your Grandson becomes a man what you have done will mean so much to him. Again, I'm so sorry about your loss.
Raye

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Consiglieri

Wow.  your efforts are inspiring in and of themselves.  and the woodworking craftsmanship did not go unnoticed.

Best wishes and sincere sympathy to you and your family.
Consiglieri

HCT

Brad, sorry for your loss, words can't express but what you have created does the job. Your loss and tribute is an inspiration to all. Thank you.
Mike
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

LilSmoker

A wonderful gesture, and something that will make your grandson proud, of both you and his father in years to come.

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

begolf25

Brad,

Incredible work! That is an outstanding gift.