Part Two: $250,000.00 Italian Porcelain Tile Yuck UPed

Started by Oldman, September 18, 2007, 06:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Many years ago I adopted a philosophy that a man of the name John Shehadi told me about. "Any day you can get in front of your customer is a good day... no matter the reason... be it good or addressing a problem you created."

As some here know from the other thread we had gel batteries go liquid and burned a section of a 10 year old porcelain tile. There were 32 tiles damaged, but we only have 20 tiles "attic stock."

When this damage came to light the "big" man from corporate was there. The facility manager asked me what are we going to do to correct this problem. I replied, I don't know the solution yet, but I'm not going anywhere either.

Turns out this tile is discontinued. However, today the facility manager found a pile of it that was manufactured during the same time period of the tiles that are installed down in a warehouse in Miami.

Cost $1.65 per tile~~!

I had been talking to people on how to fix this problem.  Let me tell you it is not cheap when they think they have you by the short hairs. This facility manager went out of his way to help me find a solution.

Why did he do that?? ?? ?? Because of a simple philosophy that I run this business by.... "Any day you can get in front of your customer is a good day... no matter the reason... be it good or addressing a problem you created."

If any one of you young folks, here, are thinking of going into business for yourself I hope you will take John Shehadi's words to heart.

Today was a good day for me, because my customer appreciates my business philosophy.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

La Quinta

I wiah I could send you a huge hand clap or hug! You are so right...People will be reasonable if you are honest and take responsibility for your actions (or those who work for you). It's not a concept that you need any kind of degree to understand. It's just plain old everyday life. Do unto others kind of stuff. I'm very happy it's working out for you! There really still are nice reasonable people out there...we just never hear about them! :) This could have been a disaster for you. Congratulations!

Wildcat

Nice going Olds.  That old-time business practice is almost non-existant today.  Now if only the third party would copy your example you may come out with just some lost time.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

car54

Glad to hear that Olds. It's great when things just fall into place. It's like a breath of fresh air. Too often you have to fight for every yard.

brad

iceman

LilSmoker

Good moral to this story Olds, must be a big releif to you  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes