• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Thanksgiving Turkey

Started by Duster, November 04, 2007, 04:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ontrack

Looks like it's gonna be a heckuva feast at Duster's in a couple of weeks...By the way, Duster, looking at your drip pan-it's different than mine-is that a modification or just an optical illusion?

Stickbowcrafter

Keep us posted...and don't forget the pics!!!  ;D

-Brian

Habanero Smoker

Glad they fit. I generally smoke 12 pounders, and only do one at a time. I just didn't seem that they would fit.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

begolf25

Duster,

I have never tried smoking them with the packaging on before, let me know how that turns out!  ;D ;D ;D

iceman

Quote from: begolf25 on November 08, 2007, 05:23:03 AM
Duster,

I have never tried smoking them with the packaging on before, let me know how that turns out!  ;D ;D ;D

Geez, don't ya know that's how ya keep the moisture in!!! ::) :o :D

Duster

Don't worry guys that packaging will crisp right up in the broiler ;D.......You guys are too funny.
QuoteDuster, looking at your drip pan-it's different than mine-is that a modification or just an optical illusion?

Ontrack, it's OEM, The only mods there are the fieldstone to help hold heat. I have seen several different looking pans on here and have often wondered the same. My OBS was new this past summer so maybe Bradly made some changes  ???

Malc

What is the biggest turkey anyone has ever done in the Bradley?
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

iceman

Quote from: Malc on November 08, 2007, 01:45:49 PM
Ann said I was the biggest turkey she's ever seen get "done in" next to the Bradley.  ;D :D ;)
Seriously though 16 pounder but it got finished in the deep fryer after 4 hours of smoke.

Habanero Smoker

I once smoked a 14 pound turkey, because someone else on this forum smoked one that size. I had to see how it would fit. It was a tight fit, but I think I could have gone about 2 pounds larger.

Iceman;
We must thing alike.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Yeppers Hab. Had to fiddle around with it to get it to fit. Not anything I'm going to try again soon. If the birds are that big again they will go in the big smoker.

Malc

Quote from: iceman on November 08, 2007, 01:58:17 PM
Quote from: Malc on November 08, 2007, 01:45:49 PM
Ann said I was the biggest turkey she's ever seen get "done in" next to the Bradley.  ;D :D ;)
Seriously though 16 pounder but it got finished in the deep fryer after 4 hours of smoke.
Nice.  ;D That is about what I figured
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

LilSmoker

I thought similar to Habs, the biggest whole turkey i've done in the BS was 13lb, and it went in ok, and i remember looking at it thinking a 16lb bird should fit.

Usually at Chritmas we get a 24-26lb turkey, i'd love to be able to smoke one that size, after a good brinning etc, you're lucky Pat having those lovely big smokers, and that fantastic workshop

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

iceman

Quote from: LilSmoker on November 09, 2007, 10:35:07 AM
you're lucky Pat having those lovely big smokers, and that fantastic workshop
Thanks for the compliment LS.
I'm still amazed the boss lady let me get all the goodies for my shop.
I asked her why once and she just smiled and said it keeps me out of the bars and away from loose woman. ::) :D ;D ;)
(I think it's because of all the good food coming out of the smokers I build) ;D

Duster

Well y'all, Sorry for my absents lately, They shifted me to the office at work witch I thought would be a good thing (and still might be when I get settled in) but not getting home to dark is eating up a lot of my personal time.
Any way as a follow up, the turkeys are brined and in the smoker as of midnight last night. They smell so good now and I'm finding myself wanting to open the door and sneak a bite but meat temp is currently 135 so I'd better wait. hopefully some pics are soon to come. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Duster