hi all, just got my first bradley

Started by sixx27am, January 02, 2009, 08:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixx27am

Hi everyone my name is vince from reading pa. I just bought an original bradley at cabelas (on sale for $249). I did the recommended seasoning from the manual but the pucks did not auto advance. I had 3 in the chute and advanced manually until they were all on the rail. however they did not advance into the water dish. has anyone else had this problem ? I look forward to talking with all of you

thanks

vince

p.s any recomendations for my first smoke?

Brisket Lover

Hey Vince you need to keep more in the stack.  That is what causes them to advance.  You can either get bubba pucks or put 3 more behind it.  If you do not get bubba pucks you will have a few that only partially burn.  Welcome to the board,  I myself am new to the BS too.  After 2 smokes I love it.

As for first smoke, brisket is king!

Gizmo

Quote from: sixx27am on January 02, 2009, 08:50:26 PM
pucks did not auto advance. I had 3 in the chute and advanced manually until they were all on the rail.

If you had 3 in the chute, you should have pushed the advance button 3 times to get each to drop and the first one in the chute should have ended up on the puck burner.  If not, does the puck advance mechanisim cycle when first powered up and does each press of the advance button cycle one puck onto the ramp?  As Brisket_lover mentioned, you will need a minimum of 2 additional pucks or Bubba Pucks (an aluminum disk the same size as a wood puck) to push the other 2 pucks onto the burner.  The Bubba Pucks are recommended as the puck on the burner will ignite the next puck on the ramp as they will be touching.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum sixx27am!

BL and Gizmo have you covered. check out our FAQ section - http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=748#post748

and ask any other questions you have, plenty of good folks here willing to help.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

car54

Welcome sixx27am,

You might want to try pulled pork for your 1st smoke. It is hard to screw it up. Get a smaller pork butt. season it over night. Smoke it for 4 hours with the bisquettes. Slow cook it the rest of the time at about 220 degrees until the meat is at 195 degrees. FTC (foil,towel, cooler) it in apple juice for an hour or more. Shred the pork and add BBQ sauce.

The only problem with this is that it may take over 12 hours, that is why I suggest a single smaller pork butt.

Brad

sixx27am

thanks everyone , i cant wait to get started