Found a really nice use for Cherry

Started by Carter, November 19, 2007, 10:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carter

I had these Cherry Bisquettes from a mixed pack and didn't know what to do with them.

On Saturday I did a couple of whole chickens.

Really simple.  Washed up the chickens.  Put a really basic rub on them working it under the skin.  Basic Memphis style (I can't remember which book I got it in - it was a hodge podge of leftover rubs from a summer's worth of cookjobs).  Put half a lemon into the cavity and we were off to the races.

Into the Bradley, smoked for an hour with Cherry wood.  It was cold out so the temperature never got over 200.  Never went below 150 either.

Then into the oven at 375 until done (a little over an hour).

Chicken was tender and juicy with a really nice subtle smoke taste.  Not overwhelming.

This has created the following meals.
1.  Saturday night.  Chicken with Cauliflour, Mushrooms & Zuccini.  A little of Iceman's Sauce on the side (first use of many for the weekend).
2.  Sunday at lunch.  Chicken Sandwich dripping in Iceman's sauce.
3.  Today's lunch.  Chicken with Rice with a little Franks Hot sauce.  People in the office are coming around saying "Hey, I can smell the smokiness."
4.  Tonight we're having Burritos.

That may seem like a lot of chicken, but man, I'm really pleased with how Cherry worked out here.

I think what was really nice was that it only took a couple of hours so it was quite easy.

Sorry no Pics.

Carter

SKSmoker

Cherry and chicken is a great combo. Beef and cherry is also very good for Pulled Beef. I am hungry again now, thanks! :)
Lead by example

Stickbowcrafter