• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My 1st Belly Bacon

Started by NewBlood, November 20, 2007, 02:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

NB,

I have a a Jalapeno Bacon Recipe around here on the boards that is really my favorite or...maybe a tie with my Maple flavored.  Becareful with the 21 day thing...it does make the meat tender and anything past that (to me) is not good.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Stickbowcrafter

Quote from: NewBlood on November 21, 2007, 04:53:29 PM
yeah its a Smokey Mountain smoker...I've been a lurker for a while just looking for good recipes and smoking techniques. Hope I didnt offend anyone by not being a Bradley Smoker guy.
Quote from: Hatdance on November 20, 2007, 06:08:39 PM

Hey, nobody's perfect  ;D

Just having fun with you, welcome to the forum. I have a charcoal Weber Smoky Mountain Smoker that still does things the Bradley can't do. A smoker can't live by electric alone you know  ;)

-Brian

NewBlood

Well this project has been much more succesful than I thought it would. I offered to make some for my co-workers for Christmas gifts or what not.

Well I just put 70 lbs in cure this morning.

Almost 10x the amount I did the 1st time around. I may be able to quit my job if this takes off. Well ok maybe not...but its fun to do on the side. I did get my hands on a commercial slicer that I'm going to be able to use for this batch and I bought a vacumn sealer so I'm pretty good to go.

MallardWacker

Quote from: NewBlood on December 07, 2007, 01:58:44 PM

Well I just put 70 lbs in cure this morning.

I'm dang proud of you....It only get worse.....but is fun.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Payson

I've made two batches of belly bacon now. Awesome stuff! Everyone I've let sample it claims I've "ruined" them for real bacon!

Toker

Sorry whats dbs for curing what dbs mean pls?

sodak

I believe (Dark) Brown Sugar?

West Coast Kansan

70 pound load would replace the picture of my kids on the desk top.  Great job!

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)