Thinking about it

Started by Smokin Joe Fraiser, November 24, 2007, 06:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe Fraiser

Hello all,

Well, I have read reviews, viewed the products, and am ready to become part of the Bradley Smoker family. I have a few questions as most have and would like your feedback.

I am attempting to decide between the digital or the original. Which would you recommend?
How long have you had your model, and what would you change about it?
How often do you use it?

I look forward to Que'n with the rest of you and reading your replies. Thanks.

Smokin Joe

Arcs_n_Sparks

Smokin Joe Fraiser,

Welcome to the forum.

Quote from: Smokin Joe Fraiser on November 24, 2007, 06:09:11 PM
I am attempting to decide between the digital or the original. Which would you recommend?

Yes (actually, with my PID, I like the Original)

How long have you had your model, and what would you change about it?

About three years with the SSBS. Built my own PID, so no changes required.

How often do you use it?

Not enough (about twice/month)

Arcs_n_Sparks

West Coast Kansan

while there was some controversy about digital vs OBS when the DBS first came out ... the conversation is pretty much over at this point.  The DBS is real easy to start using but really offers no advantage over the OBS once you have a few uses under your belt.

The OBS once you get used to the slider is just fine and the dollar difference will let you add a PID later for the ease of control or buy some extra accy. now and not be out any extra money.

You will love either one. They both somoke really good food.

As a DBS owner i would like to see the temperature sensor relocated so it has faster response and accuracy.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

SKSmoker

As a DBS owner I would like a longer clock than 9:40!! Other than that, love my DBS and wouldn't switch it for an OBS.
Lead by example

LilSmoker

Hi and welcome.

I have the original BS, it get's plenty of use, and i really haven't any complaints, for the price i can't fault it.

You would be happy with whatever model you choose, there's no losers with a Bradley  ;)

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Wildcat

I have the original in stainless.  Absolutely love it.  Started to get the digital when I purchased it due to extra 2 racks, but due to price at the time went with the original.  I bought it around September 2006 and still have not used over 2 racks.  Did 16 pounds of pulled pork for Thanksgiving and only needed 2 racks.  I used to smoke with a side firebox unit, but the BS is better because the smoke is much better.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

begolf25

I have the OBS, purchased mine before the digital was out. As others have done I added a PID to mine and now it is set it and forget it.