• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Dead thread

Started by Oldman, December 14, 2007, 01:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

LowTide

Hi Olds,

I don't want to send you off the Bradley site, but before I purchased the Bradley I came real close to buying a Traeger.

My friend has the Texas Style and really loves it.  I have been over to his house for a few BBQs and it is pretty sweet.  Auger fed pellets, makes a true smoke ring, and gets hot enough to leave grill marks if you want it to.  He just uses to BBQ as well.

I would have gotten one, but I figured the cost was to high, and this great community is a life saver. 

I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions.  Are you not getting your items fixed under warranty?  Or have they expired?  Are you smoking for fun and the family or commercially?

Thunder Fish

Olds before quitting try the ol Terry fix.when mine do not cycle or partially cycle try this........................Plug the unit in press the feed button and pull the cord mid cycle or before..............un plug than plug it back in,let cycle to where it wants to, press the feed button and have a look and see if it is working....................might surprise you  ::)
Terry

car54

Olds,

I know that it is frustrating. I use the Bradley on the average of once a month for the last 3 to 4 years and have never had a problem.
It is strange that some are good and other are not.

Brad-

acords

Seems that a lot of people are posting with issues from their generator lately.  Wonder if there is a flaw with the latest  production run.  Mine is about 3 years old and relatively problem free.  When it's time to replace, I don't think I will be going with a Bradley
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

Arcs_n_Sparks

Sounds like an opportunity developing for a generator rebuild service... 

Vic Hubbard

Jimbo

Maybe check out Cookshack smokers? 

captainkidd

Quote from: Oldman on December 14, 2007, 01:02:57 PM
I've purchase 5 Bradley units. Four of them have had the generators replaced.  Today I have one that will not cycle, one that long cycles (30 minutes or so) and one that short cycle the drive shaft only 1/2 way.

Guys and Gals I'm about as done with the Bradley unit as it can get! I will be damn if I'm going to purchase another 3 generators. Plus I just don't have time to tear them down and fix them... I think it is time to go look at another smoker -- any suggestions?
Olds

I am in the hunt for an electric myself and have done quite a bit of research, both biased (forums) and independent. I am really leaning toward a Cookshack AmeriQue. No offense to the Bradley owners here as I just got done eating some good PP off of a Bradley but I am very impressed with what I have learned thus far about the Cookshack. They also have a great forum like this one with tons of happy and helpful CS owners. Come to think of it I don't believe I read one post by a unhappy CS owner. No complaints at all. Good luck and let me know what you do.

Snyd

Well, I will go try this trick. If it doesnt work, Im going to kick it off the patio.... frikkin POS  I took it apart, and clicked the little micro swith, and everything else looks good. Dangit. Im hungry, Never mess with a beligerant German and his meat..lol

Snyd

Nope. Didnt work. Looks Like I need to take it back to crappy tire. Dangit. Next one better work.

NePaSmoKer

CS SUX

I have had 15 diff smokers and Bradley is the best one i have had and used. And i do love my Traeger too.

nepas

pensrock

I'm not sure when Bradley started having the smokers made in China, but maybe that's why some have problems and others do not. If purchased before the China mfg started do these units work better? Were they ever really made here? When did they send the work to China?
I was very surprised to find out from a Bradley tech that they were made in China; I always thought they were designed and made in North America. I know I have had my generator replaced and it was only a couple months old. The new one would not power up so I had to open it up only to find the wires are bowstring tight, found one off completely. Just my opinion.  :-\
Not to mention that I had to make a cold smoke box and PID to get it to work properly. The cold smoke box should fix the moisture problem I have had since day one and the PID to do what I thought the digital model would do..... control the temperature accurately.

Habanero Smoker

I purchased mine about 3.5 years ago and it was made in China. I've seen a few reports that several manufacturers were having quality control problems with their products being manufactured in China. The main problem was China was expanding their manufacturing facilities to quickly, and the quality of the final product was suffering. It seems China has finally gotten things better arranged on their end, and the quality is improving. Well according to the reports any way.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Stickbowcrafter

Sorry to hear about all the problems. I must have gotten one of the lucky ones. My OBS has been flawless since I bought it about a year ago, probably averaging 3-4 smokes per month. I do store mine inside all the time, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

-Brian

La Quinta

I keep mine outside (in harsh conditions) and other then one little mishap (that I think was my fault) it has been a jewl of a smoker...Mom's too..(drenched in rain) until we figured out how to cover it...love this little box of smoking fun!!