Site problem

Started by Mr Walleye, December 22, 2007, 10:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acords

Looks like it fixed somewhat.  My photo as well as many others do not show up (dreaded red x)
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

Ontrack

Same here, acords. Font size looks back to normal, error code is gone, but like you the avatars still have the X.

LilSmoker

Well i tried the mails with adjusted address again, and i think most if not all of them didn't get through?

The preview option still doesn't work, and all the X's that i'm seeing are avatars that have been uploaded to and hosted by this site. The avatars that are working are hosted elswhere by Photobucket etc.

So this suggests to me that somebody had been making adjustments in the "Administration Center" of this forum, i just hope it's an admin?

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Bad Flynch

Something happened, because mine is back to normal.
B.F.

LilSmoker

Quote from: Bad Flynch on December 28, 2007, 02:29:24 AM

Hi Bad Flynch, when you say "back to normal" can you see everybodies avatar, and preview your posts? I can't  >:(

LilSmoker

Smoking Duck

Anyone else get the message that you already posted a reply when you clearly hadn't?  I see a lot of avatars but there are some with the red x still.

I still think it's the cows and pigs and other assorted items that are giving their lives in pursuit of our smokers.  I can't prove it, but I know it  :D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Artmiester

Firefox shows everything with no error code now, but Safari still doesn't show avatars and the error code is gone. There is still the same tired spam warning on the Bradley Messages so who's making the repairs? This is kind of spooky. Could be hacking. Now i see my posts still don't preview in Firefox. Where's Bradley? Over?  ??? ???
The Artmiester

"BBQs not the only pleasure in this world but it's way ahead of whatever's in second place."

acords

Quote from: LilSmoker on December 28, 2007, 12:59:29 AM
Well i tried the mails with adjusted address again, and i think most if not all of them didn't get through?

The preview option still doesn't work, and all the X's that i'm seeing are avatars that have been uploaded to and hosted by this site. The avatars that are working are hosted elswhere by Photobucket etc.

So this suggests to me that somebody had been making adjustments in the "Administration Center" of this forum, i just hope it's an admin?

LilSmoker

Just switched my avatar hosting to photobucket, and it works.  Hmmm ::)
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

Bad Flynch

Quote from: Bad Flynch on December 28, 2007, 02:29:24 AM

Hi Bad Flynch, when you say "back to normal" can you see everybodies avatar, and preview your posts? I can't  >:(

[/quote]

Everything is back to normal now, except no reply message preview yet.
B.F.

LilSmoker

Hi guys/gals, i got a reply to my mail regarding the forum problems, here's what it says:

Good Morning Steve,

Thank you for your email.

Sorry for the delay in response. We have been short staffed and on holiday hours since December 21/07 but are back with regular staff and hours as of today.

I have forwarded your email onto our IT guys who handle the Forum. I hope that they can fix this issue. As soon as I hear back from them, I will let you know the result.

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Hopefully it will now get sorted  ;)

LilSmoker

LilSmoker

I got another mail from Bradley, they say the IT guys (not internal temp) are now aware of the problem, and are trying to fix it.

There may also be a java script error on this site?

LilSmoker

iceman

Thanks for looking into this LS. I miss seeing the pictures in all the posts. :)

LilSmoker

Quote from: iceman on January 03, 2008, 08:55:08 AM
Thanks for looking into this LS. I miss seeing the pictures in all the posts. :)

Np Ice, i'm one of these people that get frustrated when things don't work properly, and i think that a busy and popular forum/communty such as this, should be kept in good working order.

This place is too precious to be neglected

LilSmoker

iceman

Quote from: LilSmoker on January 05, 2008, 02:27:07 AM
Quote from: iceman on January 03, 2008, 08:55:08 AM

Np Ice, i'm one of these people that get frustrated when things don't work properly, and i think that a busy and popular forum/communty such as this, should be kept in good working order.

This place is too precious to be neglected

LilSmoker

Still nothing on my end. No pictures is starting to bother me. I read all these posts but don't have the pleasure of seeing what they are talking about. Must be my settings at work or something.

Gizmo

Ice, If your company is like mine, they block the photo sites.  We get a warning message though.  :P
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/