how long before the puck should start smoking?

Started by charlandk, December 27, 2007, 03:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlandk

I put 3 pucks in to "season" the BS per the manual.  I have the tower temp at 150.  A puck is advanced into the burner but it has been on for over 30 minutes and no smoke and the puck is not chared at all.

Any suggestions?

Mr Walleye

This clearly sounds like the puck burner on the generator is not on. It should start to burn/smoke fairly quickly, especially if you preheated with the smoke generator on.

I'm assuming you have the DBS?

Make sure you turned the smoke generator on. That's the power button on the left side of the smoke generator.

If you have the OBS I believe there is a switch on the generator that must be turner on.

Also make sure all your cords are plugged in correctly.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Gizmo

If you do have a digital, the puck advance is tied to the smoke generator so for the puck to advance, the smoke gen must be turned on.  Either system would mean there is a bad connection to the burner plate.  You may have to do some disassembly to find a loose connection.
If you are not comfortable with that, you can also call Bradley service.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

charlandk

I have to bring it back to cabela's.  The burner plate at the end of the advance does not heat up. >:(

I brined the beef for 7 hours and it will now end up marinating for about 14 hours before I can get a replacement BS from Cabela's tomorrow.  Will that end up being too long in the marinate?  Should I take it out and let it dry and just keep the pieces in the fridge til tomorrow?

Thanks,

Kevin

Smoking Duck

I think you should be fine on the marinating time.  A lot of folks will marinate overnight or even a couple of days.  Good luck with your BS.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

charlandk

No problem leaving it in the marinade over night. I have left it for 2 days before but I think you will find most prefer to leave it over night anyway.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

If you only put three pucks in then the first puck to the burner will sit there. It takes three pucks to get the first puck to the plate, and another 2(or use bubba pucks) to advance the third one to the plate. I would suggest getting two or three bubba pucks so you won't unnecessarily ruin unneeded pucks.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)