Another Prime Rib Cook With Pics

Started by chevyman, January 01, 2008, 12:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevyman

Smoked up two Prime Rib Roasts for Dinner. I cut the ribs off so that i could eat thoes later. Gave the roasts a good rubdown with Yellow mustard and one with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Mustard. Both got Cabella's Maple & Jalepeno Rub. I Pulled them off at 138* IT and let them rest till they hit 1458 IT. I smoked with Hickory. They turned out great. Also had Twice Baked Potatoes and Green Bean Casarole. And what is a meal without ABT'S??? Tell me what you think!!

When in doubt........give it more COWBELL!!!!

rbentle2

Wow, those roasts look awesome. How long did it take for them to hit the IT?
Bob

West Coast Kansan

I think they look great Chevyman  ;D Something else to try is a cold smoke for a couple of hours and then wrap tight in saran wrap overnight in the fridge.  Finish the next day.  Seems to take the flavor up another notch ...  :) Thanks for posting the pics.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

La Quinta

I think my husband is gonna whack me over the head and bury me in the yard if I show him one more of your posts Chevy and I don't make him prime rib!!! :)!!! :)!!! :)!!!

Mr Walleye

Looks (heavy drooling) exellent Chevyman!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

chevyman

Thanks for all the great comments guys and girls. Makes  it all worth it....well i guess the food makes it worth it but you guys help alot. As for them to hit the IT it was about 3 hours. My Mavrick said that the IT inside the smoker was about 230*.
When in doubt........give it more COWBELL!!!!

owrstrich

you know there chevyman i have not been saying anything about your smokes because i didnt want you to get the big head...

but after plotting you on the map... 60 miles from dixon... where i spend 2 weeks a year... im thinking i better say that is one fine looking feast... so much so that im sure im catching a whiff...

dang man... you are killing me...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

coyote

That should be a New Years tradition Chevyman....Looks great !

Coyote