Here is the BIG SMOKE!!!!!

Started by chevyman, January 05, 2008, 10:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevyman

Had a big cook today with Three butts, a turkey and 110 ABT'S.
I put a mustard slather on the butts and then used my fav rub. I smoked the Butts (3 @ 7-9lbs each) for 12 hours @225* untill IT hit 165* then wraped in foil in smoker till IT hit 205* then FTC for 3 hours. They were by far the best buttsthat i have done to date.
I threw the turkey in the Brine for 24 hours and then used Honey Bacon BBQ injection on the bird. I smoked it with hickory for 4 hours @ 250. I also draped butter soaked cheese cloth on the bird. All i can say is AWSOME!!!!!!
Oh yeah....I made 110 ABT's also.

The Butts

The Turkey

The ABT'S

When in doubt........give it more COWBELL!!!!

owrstrich

this post is not worthy of a reply...

i find it disturbing...

its boooch1t...

chevyman should be ashamed... and delete this post immediately... 

im going to report this to the forum administrator... for unsportsmanlike taunting...

im not going away mad... im just going away and putting chevyman on my ignore list...

its boooch1t...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

chevyman

Thank you Owrstrich.....I'll take that as a compliment!!!! ;D

LilSmoker

Wow chevyman!, that's smokers paradise!

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Wildcat

Darn - now I am hungry again and I already gained about 8 pounds during the holidays!  Nice looking spread.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

acords

I bet you had some happy people at your house.  Looks good, thanks for the photos.
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

Mr Walleye

Nice Chevyman.... Very Nice!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

charlandk

Nice spread Chevyman!

What are the ATB's?  They look tasty but I have no idea what is inside the baccon.  I think that you should move and buy the house next door to me.

By the way, thanks for the post and tips that you gave on your last turkey.  I did one yesterday and it was the best bird I have ever had by far.

coyote

Chevyman , Those pictures turn into a video in my mind......with smellavision ! ;D 8)

Great stuff Man ,
                                 Coyote

hillbillysmoker

Now that calls for engaging my auto drool control. Great look smoking adventure.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

smokin stu

Chevyman,  did those Atomic Buffalo Turds have a piece of sausage or hot dog in them?  They look awesome....... 

NePaSmoKer

WOWSERS   ;D

All looks great

nepas

chevyman

Thanks to all of you for the kind words.
    Charlandk: ABT'S are gifts from the gods. There are so many different ways to make them but basically you take a Jalepeno and clean the seeds and membrane out (or leave it in if you want them hotter) and then fill the half pepper with cream cheese and then put whatever you like in them. I use little smokie sausages in mine and then wrap in bacon. Smoke at 225* for about 2 hours and enjoy!!

sherlock

:P

Whats your address???????????????????????????