First Smoke agian.

Started by Medic, January 04, 2008, 10:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic

Well didn't get a chance to smoke New Year's eve, Wife suprised me with Hornets tickets.
Now I chose for agian first smoke, Rib Loin with a Cajun butter injection and sweet basil rub, and Baby Back Rib witha blackened BBQ rub and garlic injection, Both smoked over a combination of Hickory and Pecan. I hope the Pics come up :P
Will have more pics as the day goes on. Got to go work out for all the fat I am about to consume. Got a PT test for the army coming up in Mar. Maybe I will smoke leaner meats and more Veggies. HA HA right.

Gizmo

You need to have the pictures hosted on another site and them paste the link on here to have them show up properly.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Mr Walleye

Hi Medic!

Looks good! Keep us posted.

To put the picture in your post you just copy the location of it.... in this case....

http://byfiles.storage.live.com/y1pSrhSlDlEmvnGndp5nFLacJpvbcc7RORQPEk11HIA99cDLl7i1WqIHboFwV0AkTnd3Q-docvW7Cs

Next you just hit the "Insert Image button that is located just above the "wink" smiley and you will get this...

{img}{/img}      I changed the brackets so you could see this. They should be these brackets [] It should look like this when your done but with the square brackets...

{img}http://byfiles.storage.live.com/y1pSrhSlDlEmvnGndp5nFLacJpvbcc7RORQPEk11HIA99cDLl7i1WqIHboFwV0AkTnd3Q-docvW7Cs{/img}

Once you paste the location of your picture inbetween the two img's it should look like this....

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Arcs_n_Sparks

I donno,

Looks like the meat on the right is going to walk away.....

Crazy...

Carter

KyNola

Medic,
You a New Orleans guy?

KyNola

coyote

Hey Sparkler ,  Which little piggy went to market ?  ;D ;D

Coyote

Medic

Sorry I have not gotten back the smoke went great, Forgot to take after pics, it went fast I my family was hungry when it was ready.
Thanks Gizmo, I will try it next time when i smoke a brisket for the BCS bowl.
Yes!! KyNOLA I was Born and raised in NOLA, But now I live in Ponchtoula. Not a Katrina refugee. Moved here from Denver in 1995 after a stint in the Army.
Boy, the smell of the basil smoke was great, had to use off the shelf basil but can't wait to get my Herb garden going agian this spring.

Gizmo

I hear ya on the fresh basil smell Medic.
Speaking of Herb Gardens,
This is my Christmas present from my daughter and son-in-law.   Had a few folks here that had good things to say about the AeroGrow so thought it would be a good way to keep some herbs around the house year round.  The Dill, Cilantro, Thyme, Parsley, and Sage were my own plantings.  The Dill and Cliantro were just planted several weeks ago while the rest survived the fires.  The basil and oregeno are still outside (container too large to bring in doors).  I brought the 3 smaller containers in so they would not get water logged from the rain and I didn't think the extra light from the grow lamp would hurt any.  These plants have already been harvested several times.  The Aerogrow was started Christmas eve and didn't take long to sprout.

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Medic

Nice AeroGrow Gizmo, Love to get one myself, but if my herb garden turns out like my last one I will need about 5 of them, and they are expensive. Last Herb garden went to crap when I was deployed to Afghanistan for a year and the wife doesn't have a green thumb to maintain it or the cooking skills to use it. The only thing surviving when I got back was the rosemary, How she killed the different mints is still a wonder to me. Lost my Oregano (2 different kinds), Basil (2 different kinds), Thyme, sage, Parlsy, Cillantro and many others. Got back to late to plant another one and then moved and now just getting the time to start an even bigger one. Boy I miss my own fresh pesto sauces. Fresh spice just so much better and flavorful, it is a big difference. Luckly with the weather down here in Southern Louisiana I can grow almost year round. They are already selling fresh local Strawberries, wonder how they would be smoked LOL  :D, Would make a nice glaze over some apple or cherry smoke turkey or chicken.