1st smoke (wow man) pics!

Started by TDUKE, January 13, 2008, 05:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDUKE

As earlier posted in peel or not to peel I just finished my 1st smoke. I was having trouble with the puck advancing enough to drop in the water pan, (will be contacting Bradley tomorrow).  Needless to say I was peeking to much opening and closing the door to see if the damn puck dropped! Affected cooking time but it was expected. (BTW I did St Louis ribs). Smoked for 2 1/2 hours mix of hickory, apple and 1 pecan just because. Finished in the oven inside (house now smells like bacon), not a bad thing! 5 3/4 hours later did the  FTC thing, now the pics.
Did the towel thing.

Did the foil thing!

Didn't forget the cooler which it stayed for 2hours.

Now it was time for the eating! Was excellent except for the sauce I made, but I kept that seperate and used it as an option, good thing because it was not a good compliment to the ribs.

All in all a sucess, I have extra if anyone wants to come over.

Hope the pics come through I was having problems attaching them, if they dodn't come through please advise.

Tom

TDUKE

La Quinta

Hey TDUKE...(by the way Welcome) I had the same issue with the pucks...test it first...away from the tower...let it cycle...advance it by pushing the button...yada...yada...but use like 5 pucks...I did this...tested with the feed tube out...then in...then re-attached to the tower...another test...don't know...worked like a charm last night on cold smoked salmon and today for a +/- 5 hour smoke on a pork butt...just a thought...

Gizmo

You need to have your pictures posted on another site like Photo Bucket.  You pasted the link from the other site between the ][ created when you click on the insert picture.
congrats on your success.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

TDUKE

Thanks Gizmo, but I was hoping there was an easier way, I have a couple of different photo software already on my computer dont know why I can't get picture from there.

TDUKE

Arcs_n_Sparks

TDUKE,

This site does not host pictures, so they have to be "somewhere" a URL query can get them. Just having them on your machine (unless it is a web server) is not sufficient. I use ImageCave to host mine, and it is actually quite easy to do.

Arcs_n_Sparks

hillbillysmoker

Welcome to the forum. Lots of friendly folks here who are always willing to share as you can see in the good advice already given.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

chevyman

Hey TDUKE welcome. This helped me ALOT and hopefully it helps you too.
http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4096
When in doubt........give it more COWBELL!!!!