Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza

Started by Tiny Tim, January 19, 2008, 07:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

Well, I thought of this while watching the Food Network one night...may have been the "Hot Brown" episode of "Throwdown", but I'm not sure and that really don't matter. 

Sautee some diced chicken breast(s)
Add in some cubed ham to get rid of the water
Put a premade pizza crust on your baking pan or Presto Pizzaz Pizza machine's plate
Spread some Alfredo Pasta Sauce on the crust
Sprinkle the cooked meats over the sauce
Top with cheese (I used Kraft Italian 5 cheese blend)
Bake/cook until cheese is golden brown.

Thoughts on this dish:  Sauce was a little "loose" or liquidy, but not sure how to correct.  Also had a different taste to it, but probably just because my taste buds ain't used to it.  Next attempt will be with more of a Marinara sauce instead of the Alfredo, just because the Marinara type is what I typically associate with pizza.  Mushrooms also would have made a difference (fresh, instead of jarred, of course).

Tiny Tim

Tuesday night I tried it again, with a red sauce instead of the Alfredo.  Would have added some mushrooms too, but the "fresh" ones at the store looked slimy, or like they would be slimy in a day or 2.  Result was much better than the first try...now I just gotta convince myself that chicken is really okay on a pizza.  Also could have used a little more ham and maybe some bacon.

I'll call it a success, as both pizzas completely disappeared.

sherlock

I have made some like that with pineapple chunks on it. We loved it.