First Salami in now

Started by MRH, February 02, 2008, 07:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRH

Made some venison salami/summer sausage from a Eastman kit. It is in the Bradley as I speak. I added some hi temp cheese to it and some jalepeno's to part of it too. I have 15 lbs hanging in there so it could be a long day.  I just hope it turns out since this is my first time trying this.

Mark

winemakers

good luck!

I salivate with you and in anticipation of the pic's!

mld

MRH

Into it about 2 hours now.  Hear is a pic so far.

Mark

Mr Walleye

Lookin" good Mark!  ;)

I will definitely be watching this thread to see how the finished product turns out.

Good luck & thanks for sharing.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Looks good Mark.

Ill bring the cheese, crackers and Jack  ;D

nepas

Gizmo

Nice looking so far Mark.
I'll be doing some beef jerky today and slim jims tomorrow.  The slim jims will by my second shot at stuffing as I did beef sticks two weekends ago.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Mark;
That really looks good. I'll also will be monitoring this thread carefully. That makes the chicken, and chicken wings that I will be making tomorrow awfully bland.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Kane

lookin good. Im curious how these will turn out

MRH

Just finished them and had to cut one to try, it wasn't too bad! ;) Ok here is what I did.  I preheated the smoker and put them in at 140 degrees.  Let them go 30 minutes to dry, then put in 4 hours worth of hickory pucks in and let the smoke roll.  After the 4 hours was up, I dumped the water bowl and bumped the temp up to 175 degrees. After another 4 hours I pushed the temp up to 200 degrees and right around 12 hours total time they were hitting 152 -155 degrees, out they came.  I gave them a ice water dunk to cool them.  So here is a picture of the one I tried.

Mark

Mr Walleye

Looks very good Mark!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

coyote

Looks good Mark . I've used the high temp cheese from LEM. worked well. In what form did you use the
jalepeno's ? We've been trying to build heat in our summer sausage...but always come up short. ???
Sausage turns out great , but hardly any heat. I mix 15pd batches. Let me know your results.
                                                                           Thanks , Coyote

Habanero Smoker

Mark thanks for posting the method you used. The finished product looks good.

Still can't wait until I hear about how Mike's comes out.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

MRH

Quote from: coyote on February 02, 2008, 11:55:36 PM
Looks good Mark . I've used the high temp cheese from LEM. worked well. In what form did you use the
jalepeno's ? We've been trying to build heat in our summer sausage...but always come up short. ???
Sausage turns out great , but hardly any heat. I mix 15pd batches. Let me know your results.
                                                                           Thanks , Coyote

Coyote,

I haven't tasted a jalapeno one yet, but I used the pickled ones from a jar.  I have a feeling I might be a bit light on them too.  I just chopped up about half of the jar (They were listed as hot on the label) I did a 15 lbs batch, all of it had a pound of cheese mixed in then I stuffed 2 with only cheese.  And added the jalapeno,s for the rest.  I will let you know when I try  one with jalapenos.

Mark

Stickbowcrafter

Woooo, NICE! A friend of mine dropped off some beef sticks with pepper-jack cubes in them. WOW! Definitely have to try some meat/cheese combos real soon.

-Brian