T/C options for PID

Started by flipperz71, March 12, 2008, 08:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flipperz71

Just ordered the Auber PID and SSR.  I am on a budget so I cannot justify the $50 for the Omega T/C.  What other options are out there for a T/C.

Thanks,

Flip

Tiny Tim

Here's a link to one on ebay...I've dealt with this seller before and he treated me alright (I got mine from him).  http://cgi.ebay.com/Thermocouple-2-K-3-16-x4-w-24-lead_W0QQitemZ290213534828QQihZ019QQcategoryZ50926QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I also have a spare that I'd sell you...6" Stainless probe with 8' of wire.

flipperz71

Have a lead on a cheap Omega, going to see if it pans out..  If not, I will grab the one on ebay.  Thanks for the info.

flip

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: flipperz71 on March 12, 2008, 08:06:12 AM
What other options are out there for a T/C.

If you have a torch, a TC is just thermocouple wire welded together at a point. Keep it electrically isolated, and you are in good shape.

Arcs_n_Sparks

pensrock

Arcs.... your correct. But the key to your statement is 'thermocouple wire' not thermocouple extention wire, many people think this is the same. At work we use some thermocouple wire and make some thin gauge T/C's for testing but we normally purchase all our T/C's. Ours are much bigger diameter material than what people on here use, they are for furnaces going up to 2100 F using type K, we use type R and C for even higher temps. The thicker they are the longer the responce time, but only by a few seconds nothing major. I have read on here that some stated the PID controller was not as fast updating then their Maverics, I suspect this in one reason why.