• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Best way to reheat Brisket?????????

Started by tturaider, March 13, 2008, 01:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tturaider

Ive been asked to smoke some briskets for a wedding aniversary. It is going to be a large party so I am gona have to start somking at least a week in advance.  Therefore i was thinking that I may smoke, preslice the meat and put it in some cryovac bags and freeze em. To warm them back up I thought that I would put the sealed bags in pots of boiling h2o so that I dont loose any moisture during the reheating.

Has anyone tried this?

Does anyone know of a better way to warm it up without loosing the moisture?

Thanks
ttu
Smoke like your from Texas....use Mesquite

manxman

Hi tturaider,

I do exactly what you mentioned, works well for me.  :)
Manxman

Wildcat

I heat mine in hot water as well.  I try to keep the water just under the boiling point these days.  I had two bags to loose their seal when the water was boiling.  Has not been an issue when I keep the water just under the boiling point.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

tturaider

thanks manx and wild.  Ive never done it before so do you tell when the meat is warm?

Ontrack

Eat it cold! ;) Just kidding, TT. I actually do prefer mine leftover and cold, except for gorging myself when it comes out of FTC. I know cold isn't an option for you, but the wife just nukes hers, also not an option. I have seen someone on here mention reheating it in a crock pot with some kind of liquid to regain some moisture, but I don't recall any details. Good luck, I'm sure it will turn out great.

tturaider

thanks on...i have thought also about warming it up in a foil pan with a liquid in it but wasnt sure how good that works.

iceman

Quote from: tturaider on March 13, 2008, 04:22:36 PM
thanks on...i have thought also about warming it up in a foil pan with a liquid in it but wasnt sure how good that works.

That works good on a steam table. The type that you put the sterno under and water in the bottom pan and meat in the shallower top pan. Sams club has the disposable ones for around 5 bucks for the rack and a buck or so for the fuel cans. They also have the disposable pans.

The last time I did the vac sealed bags in simmering water it took about 30 minutes to heat 6 quart size bags up that were thawed out already once the water was hot. Nice part is the sealed bags can sit in the hot water a long time without ruining anything then you can just pull them out as needed. It was a 20 quart stock pot I used for heating the water up.

tturaider

Ice that helps out a bunch i didnt have a clue as to how long it would take.  At least with that in mind I can have some kind of idea.

thanks
ttu

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: tturaider on March 13, 2008, 04:22:36 PM

I use this method for reheating large amounts of brisket or pulled pork. For brisket I slice it, layer it in the pan, adding a small amount of beef broth every few layers; sometimes I may add some extra seasoning such as the rub I used or Montreal Steak rub. Seal it tightly with foil, and reheat at 325°F - 350°F for about 20 minutes or until it reaches the temperature you want.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

tturaider

thanks haba.....i may have to try that as well.  I had never thought of using beef broth tho.....good idea.

Habanero Smoker

Some like to use apple juice, or a combination of both.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)