Fish Soup

Started by manxman, April 03, 2008, 03:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kummok

Quote from: manxman on April 12, 2008, 05:55:41 AM....

One good reason to always have a sharp knife handy..... losing an anchor warp is a small price to pay!

Truer words n'er spoken ManX......I always wear a "bandolier" with a sharp knife at chest level whenever on a boat. I've even had to use it on my fishing line when a kelp pod catches it and starts ripping feet-per-second off the spool! I fear that some pilots may suffer from what I call "fire extinguisher syndrome"......that is, from childhood we are conditioned to NOT touch the fire extinguishers, especially at school....then when you really need one, your conditioned response is to "not touch the fire extinguisher" and try something else to put out the fire....same, same with cutting "perfectly good" anchor line....   :o  ?!?!?!? Hmmmmm, let's see..... $300 worth of anchor gear or $60000+- boat PLUS the souls on board...whatta quandary?!?!?  ;) ??? :-\   Sounds to the uninitiated like it would never happen to them but when it's actually happening, it's FAST and so must be your proper reaction!