Beeping and E 1 Flashin

Started by superiorsign, April 18, 2008, 09:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superiorsign

I was smoking my first couple of briskets last night with my new smoker, which by the way is easily the best smoker I have ever owned.  I have smoked some other meats the results were remarkable.  I have the 4 rack digital.  I was about 2 hours into the 15 hour marathon and went to just check on the smoker prior to laying down for a little while when the smoker started beeping and flashing E 1.  I turned it off, because it would not stop.  I turned it back on and reset everthing back to the desired settings and it has not done it to the point I am writing this message.  Can anyone help me understand what happened.  Did I do something wrong?  Everything seeme in order, i.e., water in pan, chips moving and smoking, etc.  Any help would be greatly apprieciated and good smoking!

Mike

3rensho

Hi, I've got an OBS but there have been many posts on this problem.  Most solutions seem to involve unplugging the replugging the cords between the smoker cabinet and the generator.  Make sure they are seated properly and making good contact.  Good luck

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

hollyandtheivybhx

Yep Tom is correct this problem has been posted before and it always seems to be an error that occurs when the temp cord between the smoke generator and the cabinet is not making a good contact. Unplug thsi cord and ensure it is well seated home. We have a BDS, but as yet have not had thsi issue myself.

Hope this helps

Lin

Mr Walleye

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum.

The E1 error is usually an issue with the TC wire (small wire between generator and tower). If you unplug it and replug a couple of times or even unplug and reverse it, it will usually help. I found that the problem only happened a couple of times. Once I had unplugged and replugged a couple of times it seemed to resolve it. It was almost like it had some rough cast plastic in the pin part of the connector or something.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes