Bresaola

Started by 3rensho, April 20, 2008, 04:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rensho

Made a batch of bresaola recently and sliced it up today.  Used the recipe from Len Poli's site.  Wouldn't change a thing about it next time except to use a much bigger piece of beef.  The stuff is addictive.

Just sliced -

Drizzled with olive oil (EVOO) and fresh lemon juice -

Highly recommend this stuff.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Wildcat

Nice.  Oops - now I gotta clean the drool of my keyboard again.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Mr Walleye

3rensho

Wow... That looks fantastic!  8)

Another to add to my ever growing list.  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Mr Walleye

3rensho

Is this the recipe here?
http://lpoli.50webs.com/index_files/bresaola.pdf

I'd be interested in if you use a drying box of some type. It's on my list of projects to build but I just haven't decided how yet.

Mike

3rensho

Hi Mike,

Yup, that's the recipe.  Didn't change a thing.  No, I haven't gotten around to building a proper box for doing dried sausages.  Just used a section of my cellar that stays nice and cool.  A nice mold formed on the meat but I wiped it off prior to slicing.  I'm in the process of building an electronic controller for temp and humidity but getting the electronic parts here is not so easy. 

I also did two other of Len's recipes.  One for pancetta using a pork belly and the other was one of his spicy salami recipes.  Both were excellent and dried them in my cellar.  The salami for 45 days and the pancetta for about a month.

Tom

Mr Walleye

Thanks Tom.

I'd be interested in the type of control you are working on. I've seen a few on various web sites that people have built, just not sure what way to go. Because I would probably put it my heated garage the ambient temp would always be too high so I would probably start with a fridge and put controls for humidity and temp as well.

Mike

3rensho

This is what I've been looking at.  It'll take some modifying as I can't get all the same parts here.

http://www.ttsalo.iki.fi/~ttsalo/electronics/humi/humi-pid.html

Tom

Mr Walleye

3rensho

Thanks Mike.  I'd seen that.  I like to tinker so I thought I'd do it from scratch.  Even disassemble the code and modify as required.  Just ordered the Mega88 in a DIP from the USA.  Postage is a killer but most everything else I can get locally.  If you come across any "from scratch" type projects don't hesitate to let me know.

Tom

Mr Walleye

Quote from: 3rensho on April 20, 2008, 09:47:55 AM
Thanks Mike.  I'd seen that.  I like to tinker so I thought I'd do it from scratch.  Even disassemble the code and modify as required.  Just ordered the Mega88 in a DIP from the USA.  Postage is a killer but most everything else I can get locally.  If you come across any "from scratch" type projects don't hesitate to let me know.

Tom

Not a problem Tom, if I come across anything I'll post the link.

Mike