Jamaican Banana Grill

Started by DakotaGriller, May 12, 2008, 03:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DakotaGriller

I know....bananas on the grill?  This guy is nutz!  But really - this is awesome!

6 bananas (unpeeled!)
1 tsp butter
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup spiced rum (Captain Morgan!)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Prepare grill for indirect heat method.  Place unpeeled bananas on the grill.  Poke holes in the skin of each several times.  Grill until they turn black (I know...sounds gross, but this is really good).  That'd be about 10 minutes

In a large skillet combine remaining ingredients and cook over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, or until mixture is syrupy.

Carefully peel each banana, then cut lenghwise and place in rum syrup.  These are very delicate, so handle very very carefully.  Cook turning once until lightly brown (about 2 minutes).  Serve warm.

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Wildcat

This does sound good.  I think I had something similiar years ago.  May give this a shot in the near future myself.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

That sounds awesome...sorta like grilled bannana's foster...without the flaming...yummy...we will try this...thanks!!! :)

iceman

Well Dakota ya done good.  ;) Had some spicey grilled shrimp last night and tossed the bananas on for the heck of it. Had to use Meyers dark rum though but it still turned out great. Just the right desert to finish off spicy shrimp. Thanks for the recipe. :)

Smoking Duck

Jamiacan me hungry  ;D

OK, that was a bit cheesy......I remain, giggling like a school girl, at a distance  :D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

KyNola

LQ is spot on!  Add some banana liquer to the pan with the rum, etc.  Flame it, put those grilled bananas in the pan and you have Grilled Bananas Foster.  The original recipe for Bananas Foster was formulated in my favorite city, New Orleans at Brennan's Restaurant in the 400 block of Royal Street in the French Quarter.

KyNola

La Quinta

Ky...had the best bannana's Foster in my life at that very place in New Orleans...I like the grilled twist tho. Gotta try this...

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Smoking Duck on May 15, 2008, 11:53:34 AM
......I remain, giggling like a school girl, at a distance  :D

Sorry Marc, I'm still laughing about that one!  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

Quote from: La Quinta on May 15, 2008, 08:40:58 PM
Ky...had the best bannana's Foster in my life at that very place in New Orleans...I like the grilled twist tho. Gotta try this...

And I as well!  What a small world!

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Mr Walleye on May 15, 2008, 09:35:38 PM
Quote from: Smoking Duck on May 15, 2008, 11:53:34 AM
......I remain, giggling like a school girl, at a distance  :D

Sorry Marc, I still laughing about that one!  :D

Mike

I hope so, Mike.  I learned a while ago that since I'm not that good at smoking, I'd better find a reason to justify my stealing all the ideas from this group.  ;D

Wildcat

Quote from: KyNola on May 15, 2008, 08:34:14 PM
LQ is spot on!  Add some banana liquer to the pan with the rum, etc.  Flame it, put those grilled bananas in the pan and you have Grilled Bananas Foster.  The original recipe for Bananas Foster was formulated in my favorite city, New Orleans at Brennan's Restaurant in the 400 block of Royal Street in the French Quarter.

KyNola

I think anyone who has spent more than a couple of hours in the French Quarter has been to Brennan's.  New Orleans is about 3 hours from here and I have been in Brennan's numerous times.  As a matter of fact, I fell in love with my wife in New Orleans when I took her there on a date one day over 21 years ago.  It is not only a party town, but a romantic one as well.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Smoking Duck

I fell in love in New Orleans as well.  It wasn't my wife.  It was the cuisine.  I could eat down there the rest of my life and I'd be a very happy man.  :)  I suppose the wife could come along if she wanted.  ;D

Gizmo

Better "duck" Duck, in case the Mrs was looking when you typed that.   ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Smoking Duck

Naw, Giz, she wasn't.....I had her outside doing some yard work at the time  :o ;D

If I type fast, it's okay.  She doesn't read fast.  :D

La Quinta

You are a trip Duck...but just to be safe...I'd hide the cast iron skillets!! I haven't been able to find ours in years!! :)