What is this???

Started by Oldman, May 26, 2008, 03:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Memorial day BBQ for Mother and me.  (Susan does not sauce.)

Can anyone tell me besides the 3 chicken wings on the left what we are having?

BTW we also have Iceman's rub and sauce on the meat. If you have not had it before you need to try it. One thing I do and it may be a waste of time for many here is that when the cook is over I place the meat on the upper tray of the grill and then quickly pour a good beer over the coals. Close the lid and the smell is outstanding.

BTW anyone who wishes to say that only via a smoker can BBQ be attained and I will be glad to answer that false statement.

Hope every American here had a great Memorial day weekend.  (I ended up finishing  a proposal today from 4am till 11 am but it is done and going out tomarrow.)
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

La Quinta

My best guess is a beef (maybe a short rib) but hard to tell from the pic...the texture of that little piece right in the bottom middle (kinda cut a bit) looks like beef to me...but no visable bone ends so...don't think it's Oxtails...wrong shape...hell I don't know...:) Fun guessing tho!!! :)

Whatever it is...it looks awesome!!

Oldman

Quote from: La Quinta on May 26, 2008, 03:56:43 PM
My best guess is a beef (maybe a short rib) but hard to tell from the pic...the texture of that little piece right in the bottom middle (kinda cut a bit) looks like beef to me...but no visable bone ends so...don't think it's Oxtails...wrong shape...hell I don't know...:) Fun guessing tho!!! :)

Whatever it is...it looks awesome!!
Nice try but nope~~!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

La Quinta

Damn it!!! :) Gotta be a pork product then...well no...could be duck too...duck gets that color when cooked...if I name every food product I may get it huh? :)

pensrock

Looks like short ribs to me but comparing the size to the wings, it just doesn't look quite right. Really looks to be pork of some kind though.  ???

begolf25

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

West Coast Sausage Maker

soylent green is people

Wildcat

Quote from: T B S on May 26, 2008, 11:25:59 PM
soylent green?

:D Wrong color.  Then again it could be just the cooked meat for it just prior to colorization and compression.  ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Oldman

Pork Neck Bones... better than any ribs you ever ate.

pensrock

Sounds real good. I have had venison neck roasts before but I do think the pork would be tops in most any dish. I have never seen them in a butchers shop or market. I'll have to ask the butcher what he does with them next time I'm in there.